2019 Rubicon pricing improve in June??

trbizwiz

First Name
TOm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Make sure you own a Driveplus Jeep master card. After you e negotiated the finer points of your deal, insist on using your Jeep card for $10,000 of your down payment. At the end of that billing cycle, Jeep will credit you $500 in rewards bucks, which, if spent at an authorized dealer, will double to $1,000. That $1,000 can be spent on any parts or Mods a dealer sells. Iā€™m using mine for new Katzkins.
Thatā€™s an extra $1,000 for free, just for playing along.
Sponsored

Chopper0425

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU - (Soon to be JLUR)
Occupation
Oilfield Inspector
Make sure you own a Driveplus Jeep master card. After you e negotiated the finer points of your deal, insist on using your Jeep card for $10,000 of your down payment. At the end of that billing cycle, Jeep will credit you $500 in rewards bucks, which, if spent at an authorized dealer, will double to $1,000. That $1,000 can be spent on any parts or Mods a dealer sells. Iā€™m using mine for new Katzkins.
Thatā€™s an extra $1,000 for free, just for playing along.
Thanks for info

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Some dealers donā€™t allow you to put that much on a CC. Would be cool though

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I was working with the Internet Guy there (Rex Wu). I got VERY close to pulling the trigger until the dealer in Woodbridge gave me the same deal and an additional $1K on my trade-in...
Listing Jeep? They were 6.5% below invoice for me

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Some dealers donā€™t allow you to put that much on a CC. Would be cool though
You are right. Most dealers I have dealt with only allow a few thousand on a credit card. It cost the dealer money to take a credit card. All retailers and dealers have to pay points to take credit cards. Usually the average is about 1.5% if VISA or Mastercard. AMEX is usually .05% higher.

It probably depends of how close the deal is to true NET/NET. A dealer will not allow much on a credit card transaction if there is no more meat on the bone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Great deals by all. Seems like $10k off sticker or 8% under invoice and some change seems to be the norm now.

Would it be safe to say that FCA/Jeep has overpriced the Wrangler then. With these deals seeming to be the norm it doesnā€™t make sense for the buyers paying invoice or close to MSPR.

And these deals are without any buyer incentives. Who knows what the dealer is getting by moving these for such a low price.

I got like 5% under invoice and saw the numbers. I could tell where the dealer was making money. At 8% or more, that a loss on paper, but of course dealer could be getting rebates or bonuses from FCA.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
don't forget bonus drive its a free $250.00

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Great deals by all. Seems like $10k off sticker or 8% under invoice and some change seems to be the norm now.

Would it be safe to say that FCA/Jeep has overpriced the Wrangler then. With these deals seeming to be the norm it doesnā€™t make sense for the buyers paying invoice or close to MSPR.

And these deals are without any buyer incentives. Who knows what the dealer is getting by moving these for such a low price.

I got like 5% under invoice and saw the numbers. I could tell where the dealer was making money. At 8% or more, that a loss on paper, but of course dealer could be getting rebates or bonuses from FCA.
2 dealerships in the entire country offering this deal is far from the norm.

This is like seeing two 7 footers at a basketball game then concluding the average height in the US is now 7 feet...

Sponsored

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
Here is the chart I promised. Info shown is for days of supply (DOS), which is a good measure of relative inventory. I have to respect IP, so I averaged the monthly data and am not including the left axis. I mainly want to point out the trend. I included the overall NA LV market to give some perspective. DOS for the overall NA LV market is very high from a historical perspective, but JL inventory is extremely high. It should be noted that inventories of JLs peaked in Jan at a very high level and have been coming down since then, but are still about 50% over the 2014-2017 average.

upload_2019-5-28_8-57-4.png

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the chart I promised. Info shown is for days of supply (DOS), which is a good measure of relative inventory. I have to respect IP, so I averaged the monthly data and am not including the left axis. I mainly want to point out the trend. I included the overall NA LV market to give some perspective. DOS for the overall NA LV market is very high from a historical perspective, but JL inventory is extremely high. It should be noted that inventories of JLs peaked in Jan at a very high level and have been coming down since then, but are still about 50% over the 2014-2017 average.

A 90 day supply is considered normal for most vehicles right?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)

This is great info, and definitely a sign that its a buyers market. That being said, even within a buyers market there will be some variance. My family previously owned an auto dealership and there's a very good reason you can normally get better deals at the end of a month. Each dealer is given a sales target for each month, which roll up to a sales target for that quarter (these are different for each dealership, and based on past sales numbers for that particular dealership). If the dealership hits that target, they are looking at a significant check from the manufacturer (often in the 5-figure range). And for hitting the quarterly sales target, the bonus is even bigger.

Therefore if you walk into a dealership towards the end of the month and they are only a few vehicles away from reaching their goal (and their big check), they'll essentially give you the car at cost in return for getting one more sale. Now you'll often need to visit multiple dealerships to make this work - because another dealership that has already reached their target or is so far away they know they won't get there - has no reason to work with you. But when you find one that is desperate to get over the hump, you get a really sweetheart deal. Dealerships usually start this huge push in the last week or so before the end of the month.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great info, and definitely a sign that its a buyers market. That being said, even within a buyers market there will be some variance. My family previously owned an auto dealership and there's a very good reason you can normally get better deals at the end of a month. Each dealer is given a sales target for each month, which roll up to a sales target for that quarter (these are different for each dealership, and based on past sales numbers for that particular dealership). If the dealership hits that target, they are looking at a significant check from the manufacturer (often in the 5-figure range). And for hitting the quarterly sales target, the bonus is even bigger.

Therefore if you walk into a dealership towards the end of the month and they are only a few vehicles away from reaching their goal (and their big check), they'll essentially give you the car at cost in return for getting one more sale. Now you'll often need to visit multiple dealerships to make this work - because another dealership that has already reached their target or is so far away they know they won't get there - has no reason to work with you. But when you find one that is desperate to get over the hump, you get a really sweetheart deal. Dealerships usually start this huge push in the last week or so before the end of the month.
I have a friend who owns a few dealerships. They have even been known to punch the warranties on new units to record the sale to make the goal even if the car was not actually sold. He told me he even has sold cars at a actual lost to reach his target of units sold for the incentive. I think some of the incentives were also for allocation of certain models that were more desirable and profitable.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dealerships in the entire country offering this deal is far from the norm.

This is like seeing two 7 footers at a basketball game then concluding the average height in the US is now 7 feet...
I agree. The majority of people in the country are probably paying more. Probably closer to 4%-5% under invoice. Many dealers in the Chicago area let me walk when trying to get better then 6% with IL DOC fee, TTL on a straight cash deal. Same with dealers in WI, MI, IN.

Some people feel they are getting (X)% under invoice but really are not after huge Doc fees or other cost.

Even the best 8% under invoice includes fees that reduce the actual invoice to closer to 7%-7.5% depending on what you buy. A lot of the dealers offering 7%-8% under invoice include rebates or discounts a buyer may or may not qualify for. Military discounts, realtor discounts, affiliate, direct marketing cash. Or have high DOC fees, add dealer prep or other fees, add back-end products, require in house financing with higher rates, don't include destination charge in discount, charge hundreds for locking wheel lugs, etc. The most common fudge factor is probably trade in values and finance games.
Sponsored

Last edited: