Sponsored

2019 Order Delivery - Early, Late, or On Time?

gfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
That doesn't really make sense to me. 2019 orders weren't even scheduled to start building yet, and if it was on the assembly line why would it not be delivered until December? I suspect he just means the order was accepted.
Yeah you're probably right. One can only dream though... ;)

This thread doesn't give me a lot of hope for seeing one before Christmas if I get a price I like and submit for build this week. Worth it though.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I'm on my fourth Jeep special order from over the years. My experience has been that once the order goes into production, my dealer was the best source for information. Specially once it shows to be shipped. Your dealer knows how long it usually takes to receive a Jeep once the factory gets it on a train.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
You have to get your ship date from your dealer.
My dealer does not have a ship date yet as of 10/19. He has been pretty straight up with me.

Sponsored

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
My dealer just informed that they have been told production of 2019 wranglers will begin Nov. 1. Additionally, they have been trying to get Chrysler to start factory orders sooner. We are so close to the Nov. 1 date, I doubt that would happen, but you never know. This is what I know and it concurs with the info I have gotten from Jeep Garage which says TBD.

hlfpnt5

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape...waiting on my 2019 JL
Unless things have changed at FCA, typically you will not have a "Delivery Date" until the Jeep hits KZ status. Do you know what status you are in? You don't get a build date until you hit D1 status. My guess is that the date that you were given is in fact the build date, which can take a week up to a few weeks, depending on how quickly you get through inspection. Or it could be an estimated delivery date, based on the build date, if you are in D1. In other words, your build date may be Nov. 1st and they are basing it on a 3 week time frame from that build date. After you hit inspection, it typically takes a few weeks to hit the dealer. If that's the case, I wouldn't assume the date will hold. I wouldn't get locked into a delivery date until you hit KZ. You can see my timeline in my signature.
How do you get all the dates or status? My dealership really hasn't told me anything. I created the Garage account with the level 3, but am not sure what to do now?

Last edited:

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
How do you get all the dates or status? My dealership really hasn't told me anything. I created the Garage account with the level 3, but am not sure what to do now?
Here is the complete process to get set up: https://jeepgarage.org/f3/are-you-looking-to-become-a-premium-member-for-vehicle-tracking-78151.html If you haven't sent a personal message to Scottina06 or Milous, you may not have been given access to the tracking thread. I had better luck with Milous and he was the one that actually finalized my account. They will need your VON. Once they finalize your account, you will have access to the 2018 and 2019 order thread. Not sure which applies to you, but....

This is the 2018 order thread: https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...ge-chrysler-fiat-and-ram-vehicles-143338.html

This is the 2019 order thread: https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...ge-chrysler-fiat-and-ram-vehicles-203991.html

My dealer had a little better specific details (ex. Jeep garage had me in D1 still while the dealer showed me in F, paint, then later the next day, Jeep garage had me in JB.) But none the less, it was pretty accurate. Especially during the shipping phase.

anitah126

First Name
Anita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Hummer H3
Occupation
Teacher
Kathy, I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my 4-door Rubicon on September 15th. Called my dealer twice and he still doesn't have any information for me. UGH!

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
My dealer texted me a few min ago actually.

I am still showing 11/3 ship date but he said that 3 of his orders had their ship dates pushed out until later in November.

I am not holding my breath but it is nice to get updates.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Would you rather have no information or inaccurate information? They haven't even started building them yet.

DarceyE

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ordered 9-15. JLUR 2.0 liter Mojito. On 10-26 dealer said expected ship date 11-9. Transit time to Indy could be 2 days to 2+ weeks. Said they have seen ship dates changing but only by a day or two. The prior week when checked was also showing the 11-9 ship date.

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
I spoke with Jeep Chat last week and they told me the 2019s will start being built the week of Nov. 5th.

2mu2ku

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Sting Gray
2019 are coming!! Dealer told me my Rubi had a ship date of Nov 2... they told me this typically equates to build date. My “build” was just found this morning on the tracking tool (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/). So, a day delay from forecast. Dealer told me they typically get delivery within 12 days of the day the build sheet is found. Placed my 2019 JLU Rubicon order Sept 13.

Last edited:

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
2019 are coming!! Dealer told me my Rubi had a ship date of Nov 2... they told me this typically equates to build date. My “build” was just found this morning on the tracking tool (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/). So, a day delay from forecast. Dealer told me they typically get delivery within 12 days of the day the build sheet is found. Placed my 2019 JLU Rubicon order Sept 13.
I ordered my 19JLUR on 9/28 and it’s on the train as of 9/5 heading my way. Expected at the dealership 9/17-9/20 I’m a long ways from Toledo though.
Sponsored