2019 Ocean Blue Rubicon Shop Demo

JimSabellico

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hey All! My name is Jim Sabellico, I'm the Operations Manager over at TLC Auto & Truck Center, a repair and upgrade center located in NY. We just recently started a new demo vehicle build for our shop and since it's a 2019 Jeep JL I thought it would be the perfect place to document the process of it's build here for everyone to be a part of.

IMG_9287-1024x768.jpg

Meet the subject of our build – this is a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and we’re going to be putting it through it’s paces, breaking it down and building it back up, and documenting the process here for all to share.

The plan for this Jeep JL is to keep things clean and classy but still super functional because after all, it’s a Jeep and Jeep’s are meant to be driven through anything.

IMG_9292-1024x768.jpg

One of the very first things we’re planning to attack is the interior of this Jeep, which came from the factory with a rather boring light tan color that just doesn’t go with much, so we’ll be working with the good folks over at Katzkin to spice things up a bit and pick a color that fits a bit better.

IMG_9293-1024x768.jpg

After that we’ll be working on upgrading the exterior appearance of this Wrangler to make it a little more unique, most specifically we’ll be upgrading to a new set of Fuel wheels and tires and a Bodyguard bumper and fender package. From there, we’ll be upgrading the ride of our build with a custom fabricated air suspension to provide both an easily adjustable ride height for on and off-road use and also an increased ride comfort for those daily highway miles.

IMG_9294-1024x768.jpg

We’ve of course got some more goodies in store for this project like a full lighting upgrade package, custom JL Audio stereo, as well as a few more surprises.

IMG_9291-1024x768.jpg

The best part of this whole build? We’re taking careful consideration to make sure our entire build is (relatively) easily reversible so for any of you following along with a leased Jeep, you can make these same modifications to your Jeep and then restore it right back to stock when it’s time to turn it back in for a new one.

IMG_9290-1024x768.jpg

More pics and progress to come in the following days! Look forward to sharing this with y'all!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimSabellico

JimSabellico

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
It's time for a little update to the Jeep Wrangler JLU build - I'm focusing first on getting rid of that boring and bland tan color and bringing in a touch of class and style with an upgrade from Katzkin.

IMG_9293-1024x768.jpg

The JLU came factory with a pretty boring colored seat, which quite honestly was a real bummer of a color, especially for such an awesome exterior color like Blue Ocean Metallic. To class things up a little we decided to go with a mahogany-colored leather with cream-colored accent stitching.

IMG_0277-768x1024.jpg

I can't say enough about the fit and finish of the Katzkin leather interiors, if you didn't know you might think this was a factory optioned seat, and to keep things consistent I also wrapped the door panel armrests and center console lid in a matching mahogany leather to match the seats.

IMG_0273-1024x768.jpg

IMG_0275-1024x768.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimSabellico

JimSabellico

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks all! Planning on tearing it apart for an air suspension next week, should be fun!

chizchiz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep GC
Love the interior. Mind sharing what you used (and how you did it) for wrapping the arm rests on the doors? Really ties it all together nicely!

OP
OP
JimSabellico

JimSabellico

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Love the interior. Mind sharing what you used (and how you did it) for wrapping the arm rests on the doors? Really ties it all together nicely!
Sure, we actually just got extra material from katzkin so it was a perfect match. Essentially you have to pull the door panel off, remove that section, wrap over it and put it back on.
Sponsored