Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Doesn’t the 2019 model year go into production earlier than usual this year?
If MY2019 introduces the Decent Reliability and Welding A Frame Correctly groups, I hope so!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yesterday, a Mercedes caught fire and burned the rear of the car before the fire dept. was able to get there and put it out. The trunk and rear bumper were burned and melted. They suspect the rear mounted battery as the ignition source.

I'm still not real excited about having batteries mounted in various places around the vehicle. The BSG system is cool on paper, but it seems expensive to me and potentially hazardous.

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I hope they add emergency braking both forward and reverse. My last two vehicles had it and it really saved my butt a few times. Plus my son will be 16 in a year and a half and I would really like to get him a Jeep. It should be a requirement for all teen age drivers. Especially since the introduction of cell phones.
Install a cellular jammer and wire it so it turns off only when the hazard lights come on such as after an accident or when the vehicle is in P. Get the head unit with GPS or a separate GPS unit so there's no need to use the phone while driving. Check local laws first :)

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh with a September order date. My current non-Jeep lease needs to be turned in on September 8th which means I will be carless for a loonnggg bit. Marking my calendar to order immediately when able to order.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I hope they add emergency braking both forward and reverse. My last two vehicles had it and it really saved my butt a few times. Plus my son will be 16 in a year and a half and I would really like to get him a Jeep. It should be a requirement for all teen age drivers. Especially since the introduction of cell phones.
That should be part of the active safety group.

Sponsored

carrida2010

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
I would like to see SelecTrac offered on the Rubicon transmission.

Also, with the truck being offered, would like to see an option where a JL gets an option for greater payload capacity (possibly by giving it beefier axles and brakes that I assume the truck will have).

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I would like to see SelecTrac offered on the Rubicon transmission.

Also, with the truck being offered, would like to see an option where a JL gets an option for greater payload capacity (possibly by giving it beefier axles and brakes that I assume the truck will have).
A SelecTrac on Rubicon will be available in Europe. (We don’t get the RockTrac, nor the wide axles, nor the high fenders, so essentially the Rubicon will be a Sahara with lockers and 31” BFG Mud Terrains)

But we are still waiting for the first JL to arrive... Somewhere in autumn according Jeep.
Man, it is such a long wait.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
CANNOT RECALL with specificity, but I read that Jeep could not do the front safety be=cause of the collapsing windshield. To be seen...

cpd1515

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Sure would be nice to see the Option for LED headlights on Sport S Models!!

What changes, particularly for the 2 door are we looking at for 2019? Seems a Sahara trim will become available for the 2 door. Colors? Hopefully wheel options?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Sure would be nice to see the Option for LED headlights on Sport S Models!!
Really it'd be nice to see them standard on some models, optional on the rest. It's 2018. LED headlights are far, far from new, and generally expected in this price range (and lower).
Sponsored