2019 Model Year Jeep JL production has begun today

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
I'd be much MORE annoyed to have the website invite me to build "the all new 2018 Wrangler" online to my exact specs, and then go to the dealer to order and be told that 2018 production stopped MONTHS ago.
Our dealer ordered the EXACT Wrangler I built using the 2018 configurator-I had sent it to him, and ordered it for me from that. With the 2018 prices. The only thing actually changing when the 2019 configurator is up will probably be prices. Unless there's some option I don't know about that is new, or no longer available.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Our dealer ordered the EXACT Wrangler I built using the 2018 configurator-I had sent it to him, and ordered it for me from that. With the 2018 prices. The only thing actually changing when the 2019 configurator is up will probably be prices. Unless there's some option I don't know about that is new, or no longer available.
Advanced safety group is new.

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

TRebel

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 2012 Dodge 3500 2016 Toyota Sequoia Honda Goldwing 2014 Fleetwood Providence
It's always nice to "know a guy". JLEngineline is a tremendous asset to the forum. I have really appreciated his updates to this point.
JLEngineline, please keep up the updates coming... like, when you start seeing 2019 Rubicon UL's in black with 3.6 and automatic :like::like::like:

Stephensx4

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5
Where can I find the best deal on a JL in the SE. I'm in the Florida Panhandle and will travel for a good deal. I will be looking at the 4 door, 3.6 and well equipped.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Some people have tried to order the 3.6L V6 with automatic transmission configuration and have been told that this combination is on restriction.

I just went to a dealer today and tried to order the 3.6L V^ with the automatic transmission. I was told that the 3.6L with the manual transmission or the 2.0L with the automatic transmission were the only two options. So no 3.6L with auto tranny option available to order at this time.

I've read here on this forum that this might be due to the new 3.6L BSG motor becoming the replacement for the 3.6L ESS motor. Did anyone hear anything more definitive?

Thanks in advance for any new information.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Some people have tried to order the 3.6L V6 with automatic transmission configuration and have been told that this combination is on restriction.

I just went to a dealer today and tried to order the 3.6L V^ with the automatic transmission. I was told that the 3.6L with the manual transmission or the 2.0L with the automatic transmission were the only two options. So no 3.6L with auto tranny option available to order at this time.

I've read here on this forum that this might be due to the new 3.6L BSG motor becoming the replacement for the 3.6L ESS motor. Did anyone hear anything more definitive?

Weird that the 2.0L is a viable option since they have not built any yet

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL

Last week, I was told that exact thing by a couple dealers too. Some said only certain combos we're available. Some said that they couldn't order at all until the window opened. Some said they couldn't even give me a quote until the window opened. I found 4 dealers with great prices that said they could order any combo at any time. I went with one of them and so far so good. I got my VIN 4 days after the order went in. I got the 3.6L Auto Rubicon. My guy said they other dealers probably aren't putting it in as a SOLD order...or..even though someone says they a high volume dealer..there are actually 4 levels of that. If they are at the low end of high volume dealers...they might not be able to do it.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
They have definitely built 2.0Ls.
Weird then that no 2.0L 2019's from people in this group, some of which have low VIN's and early order dates...maybe I mussed them, but I have not seen any show up on the tracker page

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door 1985 Chevy M1028
I have the 2.0L, a build date of November 1st, and VIN 14058. All I can ad is the Inspection line must be long...

IdahoSurveyor (Wrangler Rubicon JL - White)
Date ordered: 09/21/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 09/29/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 11/01/18 12:38:00 PM