First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
Jeep has always been notoriously bad at updating their website. Hasn't seemed to hamper sales.
Indeed. Since the Wrangler has no direct competitors, Jeep apparently can get away with a lot of things other manufacturers cannot.

And we STILL line up to buy them (including me)... LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Wow, didn't realize a Tan color would be exciting. I think it looked blah. I like the Blue or lime/neon green. Everyone remember, I don't work in paint shop, don't know the actual names of the colors. Tomorrow I will find out what color those "Tan" Jeeps actually are.

tricker

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Versa impreza wrangler ordered
Which engine apears least complicated since you see them completely naked, diesel?

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Wow, didn't realize a Tan color would be exciting. I think it looked blah. I like the Blue or lime/neon green. Everyone remember, I don't work in paint shop, don't know the actual names of the colors. Tomorrow I will find out what color those "Tan" Jeeps actually are.
It's exciting to us because tan wasn't listed as a paint color we were able to order... it's a mystery! Selfishly, I hope it won't be added as an available color because I've already ordered Sting Gray.

Big Country

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pacifica Touring Plus with S package and 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport
So far today we're just running 3.6 ESS, 2.0 ESS and 2.0 BSG. I haven't seen any diesel engines or any right hand drives. Has been more than normal 3.6 ESS Manuals today.
You mention a 2.0 ESS. Are they building a 2.0 without the e-torque system for 2019? Is that for a market other than the US?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Which engine apears least complicated since you see them completely naked, diesel?
If you are referring to building them.
Definitely the 3.6 ESS Manuals. A lot less parts, no TOC lines. Diesels suck. So many extra hoses and parts.

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
You mention a 2.0 ESS. Are they building a 2.0 without the e-torque system for 2019? Is that for a market other than the US?
I believe they all have the e-torque system. Not sure which market gets what. I just bolt parts on engines.

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
It's exciting to us because tan wasn't listed as a paint color we were able to order... it's a mystery! Selfishly, I hope it won't be added as an available color because I've already ordered Sting Gray.
If that's the silver looking color, I like it. I'll try to get some pictures of the Jeeps that are outside waiting to be shipped tomorrow.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
If you are referring to building them.
Definitely the 3.6 ESS Manuals. A lot less parts, no TOC lines. Diesels suck. So many extra hoses and parts.
Quick question for ya, dealing with the dealer over warranty issue, timing chain run dry or is it part of the lower sump in the 3.6L?

My 3.6L in my 15 somehow ingested water and sand and coughed it through the PCV into the intake. Im curious if the front main seal was gone and it got in through there, if it did it should be all over the chain

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
Any luck getting those pics?

Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you. Would have preferred tan.

Oh well, next order :)

OP
OP
JlEngineline

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
UPDATE: Told by a very reliable source that the 3.6 BSG will be coming soon.

2.0 Engines that are currently built in Italy will also be built at the Trenton engine plant in Michigan.

I looked again and didn't see any Tan Jeeps. Sorry about that. And I couldn't take any pics of the Jeeps outside, it was pouring out.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS

2.0 Engines that are currently built in Italy will also be built at the Trenton engine plant in Michigan.

I looked again and didn't see any Tan Jeeps. Sorry about that. And I couldn't take any pics of the Jeeps outside, it was pouring out.
Any idea on the timeline for American-built 2.0s?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Was it a tan top you saw? Thanks again for the updates.

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

I hope this news about the 3.6 BSG is true! Had someone else on the forums say they heard some of the office guys at the plant say the BSG was going to be delayed for a couple months... Do you have any timeline?
Sponsored