2019 JLUR with Pedal Commander

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
My 2019 JLUR for the third time went into shutdown mode and stopped. Flashed codes and lights and to the dealership it went.

Granted it was there less than a month ago for the same issue. Hall Jeep in VA Beach Va. This time they removed a Pedal Commander unit PC07 part number and said that it fried a couple electronic parts as the PC07 is also fried.

My Bad for being a newbie on this part as I didn’t install or know it was on the JL, the same tech who worked on it prior for same issue stated that he didn’t see the PC07 last time and this time he did. Super weird is an understatement.

Costing just over $400 to get the JL back from the dealership, as it is their word to mine that I didn’t install the PC07, which I didn’t and had the Google what it was.

Although if I didn’t install and supposedly it wasn’t there last service, I have gremlins in my JL.

Anyone have any knowledge about this product? I reached out to manufacturer, awaiting response.
Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I ran a pedal commander in my jk and I liked it but the jeep didn’t. Would lose pedal input every so often for a few seconds. I thought it was a bad unit and had it exchanged for a new one and the same thing was happening. I bought one for my JL now but I’m hesitant to install it just yet. There’s a lot of good user reviews though, I think yours is the first problem I’ve seen with it on JL’s.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 2019 JLUR for the third time went into shutdown mode and stopped. Flashed codes and lights and to the dealership it went.

Granted it was there less than a month ago for the same issue. Hall Jeep in VA Beach Va. This time they removed a Pedal Commander unit PC07 part number and said that it fried a couple electronic parts as the PC07 is also fried.

My Bad for being a newbie on this part as I didn’t install or know it was on the JL, the same tech who worked on it prior for same issue stated that he didn’t see the PC07 last time and this time he did. Super weird is an understatement.

Costing just over $400 to get the JL back from the dealership, as it is their word to mine that I didn’t install the PC07, which I didn’t and had the Google what it was.

Although if I didn’t install and supposedly it wasn’t there last service, I have gremlins in my JL.

Anyone have any knowledge about this product? I reached out to manufacturer, awaiting response.
@OC_1964

I have been running with a Pedal Commander for about 2.5 yrs (36,000 miles +) now on my 3.6 JL. No issues once I learned the do's and do nots.

Many here run the Pedal Commander or other Throttle Controllers... and following the rules lets call it, no problem doing so..

With that said... it was the way you used the PC is my guess. You are not suppose to change modes while actually using/pressing the gas pedal. To do so more often then not will cause the JL to go into limp mode as you experienced.

OP
OP
OC_1964

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I bought the JL used (11k miles) and didn’t even know it was installed until today. It was supposedly plugged in and the entire assembly was under the front of the center console.

I hadn’t used or changed modes while moving or sitting still. I brought it home and downloaded the software on the computer to validate that it works, it does.

My largest concern is that the dealership tech didn’t see it last month when they replaced the part above the gas pedal, but he did see it this time. Either way he would have had to unplug it.

Received the the JL back this evening, new throttle sensor and error codes cleared and it actually operates better than before.

Who knows why???? Not me, just glad it did this in town and not last weekend on the trails 400+ miles from home.
Sponsored