Sponsored

2019 JLUR Overheating issues

Razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Been having an issue since last summer with how hot my Jeep runs. Last summer it overheated a couple times. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. Since I live in Canada and it has been cool, I haven't had any issues. However, it idles around 220F plus. Only time I hear the fan kick into high is when I blast the defrost or AC. As soon as I turn on, it quickly drops down to 85ish and stays there.

I'm hoping to solve this before the summer rolls around with hotter ambient temps. Does the issue above sound like a bad fan relay? I'm hoping the dealer eventually sorts it out. Just looking for any tips.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
When you say "overheating", what do you mean? How hot did it get? Are you losing coolant?

OP
OP
Razz

Razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
When you say "overheating", what do you mean? How hot did it get? Are you losing coolant?
Temp gauge is all the way up. It turns red and Jeep won't shift gears. Have to pull over and let it cool down.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Temp gauge is all the way up. It turns red and Jeep won't shift gears. Have to pull over and let it cool down.
Oh boy that's not good. Where is your coolant going?
Sponsored