Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
Good morning Ladies/Gents,

I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon with the factory oem plastic bumpers and the LED light package. I recently picked up a factory oem steel front bumper/steel skid plate off a fellow group member/rubicon owner. My question is do I need fog light brackets to mount my fogs in the new steel bumper and is there any additional hardware I need to mount the bumper/steel skid plate? Thank you
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I think you need 4 hex rivnuts and associated hardware. Id call the dealer and ask, they should have that info

brett

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know about the fog light brackets as the take-off I acquired included the LED lights. You will need the (4) rivnuts like @rustyshakelford mentioned. You might find this helpful in swapping from the plastic to the metal Mopar bumper (especially if you plan on adding a winch now or later). It lists the p/n for the rivnuts required from the dealer.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don’t know anything about using rivnuts, but there are brackets to adapt the plastic bumper fogs to the steel bumper that are fairly cheap. Look for something that says rubicon 10A bumper adapter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know anything about using rivnuts, but there are brackets to adapt the plastic bumper fogs to the steel bumper that are fairly cheap. Look for something that says rubicon 10A bumper adapter.
Though I appreciate the help, that’s actually incorrect information I believe. Firstly “10A” is in regards to the bumper which mount, not the fog lights. Also, Maximus-3 makes the bracket to switch out LED fogs from a rubicon plastic bumper to a rubicon steel bumper. After much googling, and calling the dealer it’s 100% factual that if you’re removing LEDS from a Rubicon plastic bumper into a Rubicon steel bumper, you need to purchase the correct brackets. I went with Maximus 3 bracket.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Though I appreciate the help, that’s actually incorrect information I believe. Firstly “10A” is in regards to the bumper which mount, not the fog lights. Also, Maximus-3 makes the bracket to switch out LED fogs from a rubicon plastic bumper to a rubicon steel bumper. After much googling, and calling the dealer it’s 100% factual that if you’re removing LEDS from a Rubicon plastic bumper into a Rubicon steel bumper, you need to purchase the correct brackets. I went with Maximus 3 bracket.
No, 10A is the JK rubicon 10th anniversary edition which released the original version of the JL OEM steel bumper. The Maximus 3 brackets are just more expensive but I’m glad you found what you’re looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRISD6W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, 10A is the JK rubicon 10th anniversary edition which released the original version of the JL OEM steel bumper. The Maximus 3 brackets are just more expensive but I’m glad you found what you’re looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRISD6W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Thank you, however those brackets you sent me in the amazon link are very similar to the ones I purchased from Maximus 3. Neither are factory OEM parts. Both are after market companies, Maximus 3 is just a little more expansive, perhaps better quality or reputation. Thank you though.

Also when I googled “10A”, all I saw was winch mounts lol.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just assumed the steel Mopar bumper was an “easier” bolt on item. I’m surprised by Trail Recon’s video how much was needed. I was going to buy a factory take off from Rubitrux to save a couple hundred dollars. But after watching that, I’m not sure it comes with the brackets needed for the conversion to steel. The rivnuts aren’t a huge deal, but another thing I wouldn’t have known to need. Also reading in here that the LED lights from my plastic bumper won’t mount strait up to the steel bumper. Did I read that correct? So there is another 50$ bracket, where the MOPAR one ordered from the dealer includes lights. Hmmm....
Sponsored