2019 JLUR “Service Trans”

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Picked up a JLUR about 3 weeks ago and have put about 1100 city/street miles on it. While driving down a toll road at around 65-70mph the check engine light comes on and the “Service Trans” message appears. Unlike the other threads I’ve read, steering and electronics functioned normally. I did restart a few times after still with the check engine light and “Service Trans” popping up when at a complete stop.

I’m wondering if anyone had this behavior instead of of the dash like the inside of an arcade.

I’ll be driving this to a dealership assuming I can get a loaner while they diagnosed this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Dropped the vehicle off Monday morning and have yet to hear back from the service advisor.

Initial error code reading was for a "Transmission Control Module"

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Got a call yesterday(7/18) from the service advisor stating they had it assigned to a tech which then passed it on to their transmission tech and they were backed up, as advised I would get a call by EOD of a status, no callback.

Got a call today(7/19) from JeepCare and they will follow up with the dealership as well.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Did you get a loaner and if so what is it?

Keep us updated on what they say!

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I did get a loaner on Monday, it was a base 2018 JLU 2.0

Sponsored

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Today’s update....more of the runaround....

@JeepCares

7/19, spoke with the service advisor later in the day and was advised they had taken care of a service bulletin and a recall(v41) item and were discussing the issue with the district rep which was onsite(I’m assuming unrelated).

7/22, spoke with the service advisor about 3pm and he advised he’s unsure if the tech had looked at the issue today, was advised he is working on other vehicles. When asked what has been looked at, I didn’t get a straight answer. Reached out to the sales manager and owner of the dealership and am waiting a response.

I’ve been doing my own research and I’m sure troubleshooting the transmission control module would start with this schematic, I would think working with the soft components, wiring and fuses, would be the first steps to troubleshoot, then start with the modules themselves.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/TRANSMISSION---850RE---2.0L_2.2L_3.6L.pdf

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Just got a call back from @JeepCares Tony, and he spoke with the service advisor and they are doing a diagnostic, supposedly have some information for them in the morning.

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Spoke with the service advisor, he advised the technician ran diagnostics and has determined a new TCM is needed, he placed an order for the part and now we wait for the part to arrive.....

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
The service advisor called advising the TCM arrived on 7/25(1pm eastern) and will be installed and they'll let me know....

7/26(15:00) - *crickets* I'm wondering how many miles I can go on the loaner

Sponsored

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Just off the phone with the service advisor, warranty work is done, vehicle WAS ready until the rubbed and damaged the rear cover where the rear parking sensor is located.

The worse possible service possible

@JeepCares

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
July 31st update...

Went to the dealership on 7/26 to check out the damage, it was worse than what was pictured, the rear bumber took most of the blow, but it had pushed up against the body. They advised the part will arrive on Monday and should have it ready on Monday afternoon. It was driveable and they were not going to do anything with it till Monday, so I drove it off the lot.

Put about 500 miles on it over the weekend and no issues with the TCM

7/29 dropped it off at the dealership, the provided a loaner.
7/30 crickets
7/31 received a text from the service advisor stating the vehicle wont be ready till 8/5 according to the body shop.

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Sucks they damaged your bumper. Glad to hear that the transmission issue was fixed. And thanks for keeping us updated.

OP
OP

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Received the Rubi after a week to do a steel bumper replacement, so for my knowledge, the body shop at Hellman River Oaks requires the an appointment, no matter it’s from the service department. I was told no body damage, replacement bumper and sensors functions like before as of now.

In regards to the TCM, so far so good, driven with the ACC on and active and it hasn’t developed again. Yet it didnt pop up till 1200 miles into its life.
Sponsored