2019 JLU Water Leak - Need help

Civilian

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey from Oregon...rains alot. My Rubicon is less than a year old and was fine last winter with all the rain, no leak. Last month or so whenever it rains I get a nice puddle coming in from under the dash, left of the steering wheel but not down the left frame. I did have alot of pine needles on the jeep during fall, and I'm sure they got through the vents, not sure if it's enough to clog something and if that would cause this? I can feel it's wet when I look and feel under the dash by the pedals, but it's too cramped in there and can't see to the top anyways. I made a dealership appt. but still hoping it may be something easy to fix? Anyone have an idea where to start? I washed the hell out of this all summer and no leak, so it's weird it just started.

Thanks
Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Did you take the tops off, and fold the windshield down at all?

OP
OP
Civilian

Civilian

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Did you take the tops off, and fold the windshield down at all?
Haven't dropped the window yet, not sure if I remove the wipers and take off that top grill and see if there is something going on in there?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey from Oregon...rains alot. My Rubicon is less than a year old and was fine last winter with all the rain, no leak. Last month or so whenever it rains I get a nice puddle coming in from under the dash, left of the steering wheel but not down the left frame. I did have alot of pine needles on the jeep during fall, and I'm sure they got through the vents, not sure if it's enough to clog something and if that would cause this? I can feel it's wet when I look and feel under the dash by the pedals, but it's too cramped in there and can't see to the top anyways. I made a dealership appt. but still hoping it may be something easy to fix? Anyone have an idea where to start? I washed the hell out of this all summer and no leak, so it's weird it just started.

Thanks
Hi Civilian,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Wrangler! If you would like an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealer for this, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
JeepCares

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I know some of the older Wranglers have a drain in the cowl and when they clogged, they'd drain by your feet. Basically running a wire thought the vent hose would clear it. I'm not sure if the JL is the same.

Pine needles are a mess. I had a Miata with drain holes for water running off the soft top. I bought a used one and both drains were completely clogged with pine needles from the previous owner.
Sponsored