2019 JLU, something sliding across overhead speakers

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
While out on the trails when the JLU leans to one side or the other, something is sliding back and fourth in the overhead speaker enclosure, above the back of the front seats.

Anyone have this issue? Will remove the moldings to see what it is, thought I would inquire prior to removal of panels.
Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Ha - my '21 Willys has something in the back that slides back and forth around turns. I haven't tried to find it yet - just one of those Jeep features!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

ive had the speaker modling down the only things it could be is a connector to the light or the xm antenna

OP
OP
OC_1964

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Update: pulled the center speaker pod down and nothing was loose. Went for a drive and I have something sliding from the drivers side to the passenger side in the overhead above the overhead cross over.

Going to remove my Expedition rack and the two hard cases and take it for another ride.

This is for a 2019 JLUR hard top. Sounds like there is something inside the front of the rear portion of the hard top loose and sliding. Only when turning, not going from a prompt start or hard stop.

Love the dealership, but really don’t want to have the Jeep there for a week while they attempt to figure it out. But it might be the only option.

Anyone else had this sliding noise?

OP
OP
OC_1964

OC_1964

First Name
Beryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thought:

Is the room or a “tray” that one of the rear hard top front torque screws could be rolling around in?

I don’t plan on taking the hard top off as we have no desire to run “topless”.

In watching a hard top removal video, I wonder if the PO had the top off and failed to tighten the torque screws properly? That would make the slide and noise that we are hearing.
Sponsored