First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Hey Guys

Looking for some advice

I’m looking to order a JLU and trade my 2018 F150.

With my trade I’ll be a little upside down.

My final price for the JLU will be 60k Canadian out the door.

Good or bad?
Sponsored

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is that with your negative equity rolled in? How are we supposed to know how that is impacting your deal? Also, I'd take a gamble that the majority of the posters here are in the US and thus are unfamiliar with Canadian taxes and fees (I am!). You'll be better off if we just evaluate the price of the vehicle.

OP
OP

Fenixashes

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Sorry to clarify the out the door price in Us would be 44k. With about 5200 US upside down.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey Guys

Looking for some advice

I’m looking to order a JLU and trade my 2018 F150.

With my trade I’ll be a little upside down.

My final price for the JLU will be 60k Canadian out the door.

Good or bad?
depends on your options, got my fully optioned out 2018 Sahara for a bit under $63k CAD (out the door)

Sponsored

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What's the MSRP and what is your negotiated sale price? Leave the taxes, fees and negative equity out of the equation for comparison purposes.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
$42900 selling for 33600 (US) I believe the dealer pays more than that for a 43k (US) vehicle or at least close to that???? That's like 21%,if you can run go there and buy it now!!!

Go Jeep!!!

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Think it’s good enough to go upside down on my truck to get it?

I think I’ll be in a better position with the Jeep because of depreciation.
you know best what your budget can stand ; the JL will hold value better, so the present "upside down" will equal out in time. Plus, getting a JL at a decent price is "priceless", as will be your enjoyment factor...

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I guess I'm lost???

I think the dealer owns that Jeep for that percentage (18%) or less?? If you could buy it for that cash (US) the dealer would be making nothing or going for a loss??? I guess he could offer it for that to you but you have a trade and he has offered you a value on your trade so that would be where his profit would have to be?

In other words if your truck is worth 30K (us) on the market he offers you a trade by giving you 25K that's how he'll make his couple thousand profit. If you were buying the car cash he's be giving you10% max if you are lucky!! Here in Massachusetts 10% would be a great deal! I had to fight like mad for 8.5% when buying my early 2018 JLUS!

I'm gone cuz I know 18.5% is impossible even in Canada! Whatever, good luck and you'll love your new JL!

Go Jeep!!!

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Think it’s good enough to go upside down on my truck to get it?

I think I’ll be in a better position with the Jeep because of depreciation.
Please don’t buy a JL for depreciation purposes. Valid, the wranglers depreciate slower than most vehicles. But, keep in mind the JL hasn’t been in the used market long enough to determine depreciation. The more soccer moms and beta males buy wranglers, the more they will depreciate imo. The JL started its debut under invoice at some dealers. Nobody will pay you high value on your used JL if they can order a new one for $7-8k off sticker and custom order it.

Buy the vehicle you want, don’t by any means buy a vehicle to cover an “upside down” using its depreciation.

Good luck, the deal sounds right. However, make sure you test drive it for at least 10m, as you will notice your F-150 is quite different.

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
Why not try selling the F150 yourself in order to minimize the financial hit?

Also, do you have CarMax up there? IIf you don't want to sell privately, they would probably give you more for the truck than a regular dealer.
Sponsored