First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Thank you brother, great pictures! However, I’m almost certain my rattles are coming from up top. I took 3/8th rubber grommets and placed them underneath in the holes that those plastic pieces go into. Did it on both sides and now they’re super solid, but the noise still exists which means it’s not coming from that area. It’s going to the dealer this week. If they can’t figure out how to silence it, I’ll make them order me an entire new soft top and windows. I already have an open case with the FCA and I’m prepared to raise hell until this is solved.
So, if you stand outside of the Jeep, grab the c-pillar and wiggle it, it makes a different noise than if you're driving it and hit a bump? I only ask because what you are describing is what was happening. Because it wasn't attached at the bottom, the whole pillar moved. Either way, I hope Jeep fixes it for you soon.

I just noticed you're on Long Island. Want to meet up and install my C pillars to see if that fixes the noise?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
So, if you stand outside of the Jeep, grab the c-pillar and wiggle it, it makes a different noise than if you're driving it and hit a bump? I only ask because what you are describing is what was happening. Because it wasn't attached at the bottom, the whole pillar moved. Either way, I hope Jeep fixes it for you soon.

I just noticed you're on Long Island. Want to meet up and install my C pillars to see if that fixes the noise?
That would be awesome. I’m on the south shore in Nassau. Can you take a picture of where exactly you think I should shake it? Thanks

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also my noise sounds like it’s coming from above towards the arms of the soft top, almost like it’s rattling in the track.

Shamus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 98 TJ
Shake here....
Rattle from here... notice slight gap where C pillars meet the body the plastic rattles against medal body.
Thats why some have put rubber Under or secured with a bolt to tighten and prevent movement.

9F67086C-A035-4D25-9E51-36297DAB2CA5.jpeg

FE46A623-23E6-468B-89CC-C34078E27289.jpeg

White2019Rubicon

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Shake here....
Rattle from here... notice slight gap where C pillars meet the body the plastic rattles against medal body.
Thats why some have put rubber Under or secured with a bolt to tighten and prevent movement.

9F67086C-A035-4D25-9E51-36297DAB2CA5.jpeg

FE46A623-23E6-468B-89CC-C34078E27289.jpeg
Yes my brand new 2019 JLU Rubicon has that rattle behind the drivers seat. Its deff that pillar. So I have it on correctly ? the passenger doesn't do it that's why I'm asking. Thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh it’s absolutely that pillar for me too. Furthermore my passenger door makes a crazy noise when I close it. Not like any of the other 3 doors and it’s definitely because of that pillar. It’s going back to dealership next Tuesday for service.

amdl0705

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 DII, 2019 JLUS
Occupation
Emergency Management
I am having this exact same problem with my Sport S. All of the bolts on mine are tight.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Drop the softtop all the way back and unhook the arms... When you have them unhooked bend the arm towards you/outside the vehicle.... ( by arm i mean the one that connects into the sliding mech) dont get wild when trying to bend it you just need a tiny bit... It will put pressure on the arms when they are in the tracks so there isnt so much play.... Will stop the rattle

OP
OP

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drop the softtop all the way back and unhook the arms... When you have them unhooked bend the arm towards you/outside the vehicle.... ( by arm i mean the one that connects into the sliding mech) dont get wild when trying to bend it you just need a tiny bit... It will put pressure on the arms when they are in the tracks so there isnt so much play.... Will stop the rattle
Anyway you could possibly take some photos? And perhaps explain a little more in depth? Everyone would greatly appreciate it 1000000x! Thank you !!!

Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Il try to when i get one to work on... Let me try again... 1.take out all the windows... 2. Unlatch the top and bring it all the way back (fully down, not that sunrider position) 3. On the left and right sportsbar areas you will see what looks like a trigger mechanism on the softtop rail. 4 pull back on those to release the arms from the channels they sit in... 5. On the arms of the softtop you will see like a white warning label (towards the arm ends that sit in the channel) i put one hand on that label to steady the arm and my other hand on the very end of the arm closest to the front of the vehicle... 6. Bend outward toward you (not too much dont get to wild) all you are doing is making a tighter fit for the softtop arms for when they sit in that channel.... I will try to get you pictures later if i come across one

JLRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I have the same issue and it is quite annoying on any roard with continuous bumps. Sounds like metal rattling on hard plastic. I narrowed down to the soft top hinge mechanism. I I have not solved yet though. Looking for help like you.
Sponsored