Sponsored

2019 JLU Rubicon Diesel available for order?

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Any crystal ball date for ability to order a 2019 Diesel JLU Rubicon?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put this on the other thread as well.....

Just spoke with a dealership in Washington State concerning the diesel wrangler. I was told the owners just attended a meeting in Vegas and the "scuttlebutt" is that the diesel wrangler may not happen till 2020. FCA is still having issues getting the diesel emission permission (my poor choice of words) approval. This may also delay the pick-up release too.

I for one hope this is inaccurate information and I'm still holding out for the release of the diesel. It just fits my longterm needs better.

leanxormean_stack

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Software Eng.
I am new to this forum but have been lurking around. That is a bumper. I don't think I can wait until 2020 to order the diesel. I may just the pentastar and a procharger to it.

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Any crystal ball date for ability to order a 2019 Diesel JLU Rubicon?
Hey, this is my first post (or reply to a post) on this Forum. I just left my dealer in North West Colorado and he called his Representative who told him that the Diesel is still a go, and will likely be available for order late December or January sometime.
I told him what I was hearing (no longer offered, pulled from lineup etc.. ) so that he would know why i am so concerned.
For now, i will wait to place my order, hoping that the Diesel is offered, I had a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary and liked the 3.6, but REALLY want the Diesel. My Dealer (Tony Maneotis of Victory Motors in Craig Co.) thinks it will be the same Diesel offered in the Ram 1500's and he claims they have performed very well up here in the mountains, but you can take that for what it is. Tony is a long time friend, and Owner of Victory Motors so I believe what he is telling me. Hopefully his Rep is not blowing a bunch of smoke...

leanxormean_stack

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Software Eng.
Hey, this is my first post (or reply to a post) on this Forum. I just left my dealer in North West Colorado and he called his Representative who told him that the Diesel is still a go, and will likely be available for order late December or January sometime.
I told him what I was hearing (no longer offered, pulled from lineup etc.. ) so that he would know why i am so concerned.
For now, i will wait to place my order, hoping that the Diesel is offered, I had a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary and liked the 3.6, but REALLY want the Diesel. My Dealer (Tony Maneotis of Victory Motors in Craig Co.) thinks it will be the same Diesel offered in the Ram 1500's and he claims they have performed very well up here in the mountains, but you can take that for what it is. Tony is a long time friend, and Owner of Victory Motors so I believe what he is telling me. Hopefully his Rep is not blowing a bunch of smoke...
My dealer here in WA also stated the same dates as I am interested in the diesel Rubicon as well.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea what the cost for the diesel option would be?

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
It's a $4,500 option on the Grand Cherokee and a $4,495 + $500 (transmission) option on the Ram 1500.
Sponsored