2019 JL with Manual - E-Brake Cable On Back Order For Months

johndplm

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I have a 2019 2 Door Rubicon that I brought to my local Jeep dealership to be fixed under warranty with a broken e-brake cable. I work with my jeep putting roughly 40k miles per year and feel a little unsafe being that my jeep is a 6 speed manual transmission.

The dealership said it won’t be fixed until around Christmas 2-3 months and Jeep will not pay for a rental car.
It’s been 6 weeks of this already...

Can I get some help?

- John
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I have a 2019 2 Door Rubicon that I brought to my local Jeep dealership to be fixed under warranty with a broken e-brake cable. I work with my jeep putting roughly 40k miles per year and feel a little unsafe being that my jeep is a 6 speed manual transmission.

The dealership said it won’t be fixed until around Christmas 2-3 months and Jeep will not pay for a rental car.

Can I get some help?

- John
Supply chains everywhere are absolutely frakked. There isn’t much you can do, except maybe call around in your area to see if anyone has one, or check car-parts.com for one from a wrecker to use temporarily until the replacement comes in.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

Can I get some help?

- John
Where is it broken at? Got any pics. Might be able to offer a working solution depending on where it broke.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
No pictures they sent me home with it, I’m driving it everyday this way.
I'm asking where it broke because both cables connect to a bridle or bridge.

The handle you pull up on has a center stud that goes to this piece and is adjustable to make worn out cables last a little longer.

Instead of the cable being physically broken, it may have come out of the bridge. It will appear broken from the drum end of the cable because it will be very loose.

This is very easy to look at. All you need is a flat head and a 10mm socket. There are two circle covers on the front sides of the console. Pry those off, take the bolts out. There are 2 rectangle covers on the back sides of the console. Pry those off, take the bolts out.

Now all you need to do is lift up on the console and you can see the bridge assembly. Check to make sure the cables are in their "home" positions.

OP
OP

johndplm

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I'm asking where it broke because both cables connect to a bridle or bridge.

The handle you pull up on has a center stud that goes to this piece and is adjustable to make worn out cables last a little longer.

Instead of the cable being physically broken, it may have come out of the bridge. It will appear broken from the drum end of the cable because it will be very loose.

This is very easy to look at. All you need is a flat head and a 10mm socket. There are two circle covers on the front sides of the console. Pry those off, take the bolts out. There are 2 rectangle covers on the back sides of the console. Pry those off, take the bolts out.

Now all you need to do is lift up on the console and you can see the bridge assembly. Check to make sure the cables are in their "home" positions.
Please excuse me, I’d rather not take apart or try to repair the issue myself. My Northern NJ dealership has expressed that’s it’s broken and supposed to be fixed under warranty. I’m just venting and hoping to get a little help from someone in corporate.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Please excuse me, I’d rather not take apart or try to repair the issue myself. My Northern NJ dealership has expressed that’s it’s broken and supposed to be fixed under warranty. I’m just venting and hoping to get a little help from someone in corporate.
@JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@chevymitchell, Thank you for tagging us.

We can certainly provide additional support while your vehicle is in service. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP

johndplm

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
@chevymitchell, Thank you for tagging us.

We can certainly provide additional support while your vehicle is in service. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene,

I already sent you private messages last night

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Can I get some help?

- John
This seems like a safety issue and I would push this issue up the chain of command quickly. Your car does not pass inspection and technically shouldn’t be driven.
Good luck....and God bless.
Sponsored