First Name
DG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hi experts,
Hope you can help me.
-When it rains and I open the front doors, I get a stream of water the rushes in.
-Additionally, yesterday when I was driving (and it hadn't rained for a few days) I noticed when I was driving that I was getting a few drips on me.

Any idea how to solve for this?
Sponsored

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You'll find several ( sorry, many) complaints of this issue. Really nothing you can do to correct it without fabrication on your part. I " chalk it up to"
the price you pay for being able to fold the top down anytime you want to enjoy open air !
I toss a small towel under the seat to dry up the water when it's raining and I'm exiting the Jeep.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well...the good news is you have rain and you have a Jeep with a soft top. I have owned many convertible softtop / rag tops and this one is just designed poorly. Hate to say it but... i don't think they ever really tested it or cared too much about the fact that water gets in the Jeep. I think they figured the interior is water resistant to so a bit of water is not an issue. They even supplied a handy drain plug.

As #4Jeep 1st Wrangler stated above...this topic is an on going issue with many complaints but unfortunately we are going to have to toss it into the "Its a JEEP JL" thing for now. And yes...keep a towel handy under each seat. I live in CA where rain is desired but rarely shows up...but when it does....those towels are needed, especially when we realize we don't have the top on at all and left it at home.

OP
OP

DG917

First Name
DG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Thank you. There's no custom work or anything to do to stop this? Seems kinda crazy

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
Thank you. There's no custom work or anything to do to stop this? Seems kinda crazy
There is a fix for this; go to page 9 of this forum and look for "h;ardtop rain gutter drains into cabin"; there are several pages on this topic and on page 7 hijinx69 posted a video on the fix for water leaking inside due to the too short roof drain gutters on wranglers and gladiators.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
There are some fixes for hard tops...as DG917 has stated...shoot even some chewing gum will work. But with the soft top. Haven't found one. If you do find one...I am sure there are many soft top owners that would appreciate knowing the fix too.
Sponsored