2019 JL Rubicon tsb's, recalls, problems

Daleboot

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 Chevy Volt
HI All, So my wife finally decided she like wranglers when the new JL came out, quickly talked me into ditching the F150 for a brand new Jeep as there was nothing used on the market. As we got into it we were close to $40K for the features she wanted, which was hard to stomach for a Sport wrangler, luckily I found a dealer promo Rubicon with 500 miles for the same price and we jumped on it.

She was not thrilled about the red dash, bigger tires and rougher ride, but has gotten used to it for the most part.

I will say it does seem to wander and need a lot of correction/input from the driver so I looked into the tsb about the track bar and looks like ours qualifies for that. But as I was reading about it many were saying that the best fix is to put extended lower control arms from a mopar lift on it to help with increasing the caster angles. So I figured I would do that before I took it in for the track bar. (maybe they will align it for me to after doing the track bar work)

Plus I wanted to give the Jeep a few thousand miles to see what else might pop up. So things have popped up, seat back fabric and foam is coming open, passenger seat recline is funky and does not want to support weight on both sides. Then almost at the same time the passenger seat lever that you pull to move the seat forward for rear passengers stopped working so my wife let kids in from the driver side and could not get the driver seat to recline back or lock in position and is pretty much at this point stuck forward...so it is not even drive-able.

Found the posts on the parts that break and some trick using a 3/8" socket extension to patch it temporarily, that didn't work on mine and may have jammed it up even worse, so looks like I need to pull the seat. dislodge the extension and get the thing towed to the dealer

Anyone heard more about this issue and if there are updated/better parts or a recall? been reading about people with jeeps stuck at dealers for weeks and months. All for something that is apparently not well designed and liable to break again.

Also seems like the outside door handles are kind of loose and wiggle a lot, not sure if it is on purpose or not.

Aside from the above and the frame weld issues are there other tsb's, recalls, etc that I should look at and make sure the dealer get them handled at the same time? Sounds like most dealers don't know jack about these problems, like to say everything is fine, or take there sweet time getting things figured out...so wish me luck. or feel free to recommend the best dealers around Salt Lake. THX
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Soooo..... well I'd just keep reading here. Several potential TSB's. Frame welds sure, and also make sure you've got the latest steering box

Really I was just gonna say you could easily find someone to trade the red dash panel here on the forum (I agree it's fugly, I dodged that bullet on my Rubi)

OP
OP

Daleboot

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 Chevy Volt
THX, hadn't read about the steering box
Sponsored