First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
My Rubicon has around 4k miles and just starting noticing a slight hissing/air noise when I accelerate even with the A/C and Climate control turned off. It seems to get louder the more I accelerate. Sounds like its coming from the Vents or under the passenger side dash. Any Ideas what this might be or another issue I need to take to the dealer to fix?

My Rubicon is a 3.6 so no turbo.

Thanks
Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My Rubicon has around 4k miles and just starting noticing a slight hissing/air noise when I accelerate even with the A/C and Climate control turned off. It seems to get louder the more I accelerate. Sounds like its coming from the Vents or under the passenger side dash. Any Ideas what this might be or another issue I need to take to the dealer to fix?

Thanks
I get that too from time to time. It goes away eventually. I'm out of warranty so I'm SOL. Keep us updated if you do take it in for service!

Instarand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

Thanks
Yep, I have a 2019 Sahara 3.6 and occasionally I hear the same thing. Always thought it was a strange noise but it never stuck around long enough for me to show a dealer. If yours gets diagnosed please let us know!

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
That's just air sucking thru the other two barrels of your carburetor.

OP
OP
dsievert66

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
That's just air sucking thru the other two barrels of your carburetor.
Ok but it's a new sound and it annoying. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Mine hisses too sometimes. Seems like mine happens when I’m coming to a stop, don’t remember. I’ll pay more attention next time. Kind of reminded me of a big truck coming to a stop.

rgomez204

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
I just had this issue I originally thought it was coming from the stereo because I could only hear the sound from the right side, but then I realized my drain plug for the carpet was out make sure your floor mats are seated correctly and put the rubber plug on if you have plastic mats. Let me know if this helps

CAF8AE9B-7B2A-4F52-8893-609E277B01C4.jpeg

rgomez204

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
I just had this issue I originally thought it was coming from the stereo because I could only hear the sound from the right side, but then I realized my drain plug for the carpet was out make sure your floor mats are seated correctly and put the rubber plug on if you have plastic mats. Let me know if this helps
I get that too from time to time. It goes away eventually. I'm out of warranty so I'm SOL. Keep us updated if you do take it in for service!
EC8E85C5-1C71-4E91-88BA-435E667CE554.jpeg

Jeepmum76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
This was my exact problem! The drain plug was loose! Whew! Thank you to this forum for the help!

Aturking

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Unlimited Willys

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rubicon making hissing noise when accelerating EC8E85C5-1C71-4E91-88BA-435E667CE554
2 years later I just spent the last 100 miles worried about a weird engine noise/exhaust leak on my new jeep with 800 miles and holy shit the floor drain was out…

Thanks!!

tlagan68

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Driving home this started. "Here we go again! Another Jeep issue I'll have to pay a crap load of money to fix!"

And what do we say to the god of jeep repairs? Not today!

Thank you for this post! It was the plug from my mats! Sheesh!
Sponsored