Sponsored

2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf

sychan29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Do any of these options work with both a hard top and a soft top?
Sponsored

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
How did you secure the slider? Did you remove the cargo hooks and use those bolt holes? I've been considering the DFG and Hooke so great to see.
Sorry for the late reply. I have four bolts holding down the DFG slider. Three are using the bolt holes from the cargo hooks and I have one bolt through the tub in the rear of the slider on the other side. Been on a lot of trips and zero issues. I did have to trim the slider to fit. If I can find a pic I will add it later.
Also, I think the Hooke will work with the 37qt but I have the 50 qt and had to raise the shelf up about 1.25" for the fridge to fit under. I have had this setup for about a year and it has worked well but I am about to change it up. I would like a shelf that can stay easily stay on when I remove the top so I am going to fab up some brackets that mount the shelf to the cage.

upload_2020-3-29_13-9-18.jpeg

Last edited:

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
ARB 37, Goosegear plate, AAL fridge slide and AAL cargo shelf.

F5EC0605-A375-40EE-B11B-4D735D33BA8D.jpeg
Wow, that shelf looks awesome. Can you tell me the height adjustment range for it (Space on the bottom)? I want to make sure I can fit my fridge, but their website says TBD for the height.

How long did it take to get yours?

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Wow, that shelf looks awesome. Can you tell me the height adjustment range for it (Space on the bottom)? I want to make sure I can fit my fridge, but their website says TBD for the height.

How long did it take to get yours?
I have it mounted in the lowest possible spot and it is 18.5” from my Goosegear platform to the bottom lip of the shelf. With my 37qt on the AAL fridge slide I have a little over and inch clearance between the lid and bottom of the shelf. I included a picture of the side mount and how it is maxed out by the plastic rollbar covering. Moving it up to the max the bolts move up 2.5”, so at the max setting you would have 21” if you also had the Goosegear plate. So assuming you have a fridge slide that is low profile a 50qt ARB should fit well at the max setting. As for the AAL plate or stock floor I can’t speak to that. I was the 1st to order and ship, they actually shipped mine assembled since they used it for product shots for marketing.

EAF2433E-DCFC-413E-B880-3D79092CC858.jpeg

FD7CD6A1-E878-4D5F-B4A0-6C617DB12D5B.jpeg

C3C687A8-CA61-41DB-A3F6-D72021CED563.jpeg

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
I have it mounted in the lowest possible spot and it is 18.5” from my Goosegear platform to the bottom lip of the shelf. With my 37qt on the AAL fridge slide I have a little over and inch clearance between the lid and bottom of the shelf. I included a picture of the side mount and how it is maxed out by the plastic rollbar covering. Moving it up to the max the bolts move up 2.5”, so at the max setting you would have 21” if you also had the Goosegear plate. So assuming you have a fridge slide that is low profile a 50qt ARB should fit well at the max setting. As for the AAL plate or stock floor I can’t speak to that. I was the 1st to order and ship, they actually shipped mine assembled since they used it for product shots for marketing.
Thanks Dude, that will work for my setup. Order placed! Hopefully the lead time is not too long.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I also have the AAL shelf, just installed couple days ago and absolutely loving it. I have it at the lowest possible setting too as my Roam box fits underneath, and to give more room up top. Once I get the fridge then I might have to adjust.

4aJmUk2.jpg

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect

F5EC0605-A375-40EE-B11B-4D735D33BA8D.jpeg
I also have the AAL shelf, just installed couple days ago and absolutely loving it. I have it at the lowest possible setting too as my Roam box fits underneath, and to give more room up top. Once I get the fridge then I might have to adjust.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf 4aJmUk2
Hey mate. Can you do me a favour. Can you measure the distance from the cargo shelf to the front seats? I need to know if I can fit my current dog crate in the backseat folded down area.

Much appreciated mate.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Hey mate. Can you do me a favour. Can you measure the distance from the cargo shelf to the front seats? I need to know if I can fit my current dog crate in the backseat folded down area.

Much appreciated mate.
I’ll try to get the rack back in this week to take a measurement. Had to take it out to get a new deep freeze home.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6

Much appreciated mate.
It's 37.5 inches from the shelf directly to the back of the front seat, the topmost part of the seat before the headrest. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf 4aJmUk2
curious what finish you ordered on that AAL rack?

Just ordered the satin on mine. Your's almost looks 2 tone

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I needed a shelf on short notice for a solo trip I took in May. I needed a way to get some of the gear off of the floor so I had room to sleep in the back. I bought a 2'x4' piece of plywood and cut up a piece of scrap 2x4 that I had. I cut notches each side to fit around the rollbar shroud and stapled on some strips of cloth for protection. It doesn't fasten to anything, it just sets there. It can't move around because of fitting around the shock towers. But if you are racing across the desert and hit a big dip, everything will go up in the air and may not come down in the right configuration. Otherwise it rides well and works well. What is shown is the minimum for my feet to fit under the shelf. After my trip I had to unscrew the legs to take this one out. When I rebuild it for another trip it will be higher up. I'll probably pattern after the commercial shelves and run horizontal bars all the way to the sides of the hard top and that will raise it up a little bit.

I was typically carrying a couple of these small HomeDepot storage boxes- one for food and one for all of the related cooking and kitchen stuff. I had a folding table along and a folding chair so those could set on top of the shelf too when I was sleeping. When driving I put some of that gear on top of the foam mattress. You can see a small strip of wood I put along the front of the shelf to keep the boxes from sliding forward. I put suitcase, tire pump and other stuff on the front seat and front floorboard, the only thing that had to remain on the floor in the back was cooler and water jug. That gave me plenty of room in the back to sleep or sit up and read.

For my next trip there will be 2 of us so no sleeping in the back. I'm considering using the shelf again just to carry extra stuff. I've done a couple of trips now with 2 people tent camping and it gets tight in the back with the second person's gear plus tent, sleeping bags, pads, etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf 0001IMG_4262b

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
One thing I saw recently on CheaperJeeper YouTube, was to use the M8 bolt holes in the roll bar - these are the ones used for the soft top frame. A good place to lock down a shelf.

update: I see earlier posts of AAL shelves that use these for their mounting brackets

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf tempImagelyZ9Oe
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 JL Rear Cargo Shelf tempImageCzgpA2
Sponsored

Last edited: