dmarsh

dmarsh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Electric Roof
I have the 12.1.3 update. Taking out the fuse F11 for the Uconnect power worked pretty good, still craps out, but better than before.

Might just have to aesthetically connect to USB1.
Sponsored

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
True but there is a fairly foolproof way to get it working again. The step I think most of us forget to do when trying to restore AA or Carplay connection is this...
... look under:
> Phone Pairing
> Smartphone Projection Manager
> Choose your phone
> Forget device

Turn the Jeep off for a few minutes to allow the system to completely reboot. This can take a little while.

Mine loses connection once or twice a month and this always works to get it connected again. It doesn't make any difference, for me if I am using a $5 knock off cable or the OEM. It doesn't matter which of the 3 ports I use either. Always the same result.
One of the many remedies I tried. Wasn’t until I pulled the fuse that I got anything.

And all three of my ports work just fine for CarPlay. In fact, the system asks if you want to switch to the other phone when multiple devices are plugged in. In fact, the whole system was pretty flawless for the first 2K miles and 2 months before the OTA update that gave me the oh so lovely Off Road Pages.

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Flaked again and F11 fuse pull didn’t work. Updated to iOS 12.1.4, and now it’s working again.

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: solid, stable performance as it was since before the OTA update to get ORP. I think the trick was iOS 12.1.4.

OP
OP
dmarsh

dmarsh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Electric Roof
Update!!!! I started this thread. Happy to report IOS update 12.1.4 is also giving me ZERO problems. USB2 is working great. (Kiss of Death!!!)
However, Spotify is not loading right, but I can deal with that.

Sponsored

Rubi_Rod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Anyone still having this issue? None of my USB ports work, at all. They just stopped, no warning. I have tried pulling the fuses, resetting the radio, all the suggestions seen here (iphone on current version as well), but nothing has worked. Am I going to be stuck going to the dealer or can anyone offer any more insight?
TIA

Reese

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone still having this issue? None of my USB ports work, at all. They just stopped, no warning. I have tried pulling the fuses, resetting the radio, all the suggestions seen here (iphone on current version as well), but nothing has worked. Am I going to be stuck going to the dealer or can anyone offer any more insight?
TIA
Mine is the same. took delivery yesterday. Car Play worked like once and now no usb port charge or connect to car play

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
Nothing worked until I used a Genuine Apple cord (and not through any sort of batter case, but straight to Iphone Jack). Then everything worked like a champ.

Rubi_Rod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I have tried multiple cords, apple and others, and still no charging, no nothing. It's like all of the usb ports just disconnected themselves.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Rubi_Rod have you tried popping off the A/C switch panel to ensure the USB plugs behind are completely seated? Just a suggestion not sure that’s your issue or not.

Sponsored

Rubi_Rod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Yeah. Pulled the whole thing out to check and they are all seated. That was my first guess. Mine was probably the last one off the line on a friday before the holidays.

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! USB 2 seemed to quit working for Apple Carplay (but still charged) at about 600 miles after a wheeling trip today. Had carplay going as I was cruising down the highway then it suddenly disconnected and would not reconnect. For reference I'm on an iPhone XS running the current OS (iOS 12.2). I have no idea what Uconnect version I'm on, but I have had offroad pages since day one.
Flaked on me in USB1 the other day for the first time since my last post. Came back after I left it off for awhile and came back out to it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ Wrangler & 2019 Rubicon JLU
There are many threads on issue regarding Apple CarPlay. I have read nearly all of them. I can’t seem to find a consensus on a resolution for this problem.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue. I am still having problems with Apple Car Play disconnecting from USB 2 in the center console.

Any feedback for a fix would greatly be appreciated.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Happened to me this morning on USB2. Haven't messed with it yet, but I'm running 12.3.1 version on my iPhone.

Fred_Denver

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red JLR 2-door V6
I just got mine to work after a week of trying every suggestion. I have an iPhone XS Max and was current on the iOS 12.4 when CarPlay stopped working. I pulled fuses including resetting the radio. I tried new cables. I updated my iOS to the beta 13.0 version (I am an Apple beta tester) still nothing. I checked the iPhone phone Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrerictions/Allowed Apps/ to ensure CarPlay was enabled on the phone. I got it to work a few minutes ago with this:

On the touch screen on my Jeep under the Apps menu/Projection Manager/Smartphone Projection Manager/ (choose your paired phone) I found that "Enable Apple CarPlay" was NOT checked. I don't know if an over-the-air update changed this setting but as soon as I checked the box my plugged in phone to USB2 immediately launched CarPlay and defaulted to my music playing. I'll upload the pics of the screens for reference.

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.PNG

IMG_0617.jpg
Sponsored