2019 JL 2.0 Knocking

Vferguson

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Our 2019 JL 2.0 Jeep is at dealership for knockin in motor warranty repair. See attachment. They said something was wrong but can't take it apart of fix becuase if they don't find the issue tech has to pay for repair. They have to protect their techs. Have text from them admitting low oil pressure and engine has knock. We made sure it wasn't oil or fuel related before bringing it in; 91 octane oil change. They said this noise is normal. I said start another Jeep on lot and see if normal. They said they are not doing that. I have seen a people have same issue; see link.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-0t-knocking-noise.64977/

How do I go about getting this fixed any suggestions?

This is my first non GM purchase and might be my last if they can't make this right. We love the Jeep just want the motor fixed. Its embarrassing loud and people make comments just out and about.
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
As far as getting a repair from warranty, only a dealership can do that. Good luck with everything.

Contact @JeepCares and get a case going through them.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
@JeepCares might at least be a start. Not sure how much help they will be. I don't know how the majority of their dealers maintain the franchise with service and sales issues so rampant.

OP
OP

Vferguson

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Does anyone find that noise normal?

OP
OP

Vferguson

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
@JeepCares might at least be a start. Not sure how much help they will be. I don't know how the majority of their dealers maintain the franchise with service and sales issues so rampant.
So far my worst experience with a dealer franchise. I am pretty easy going, but this is crazy. How they can just act like there's nothing wrong.

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Pretty shitty of the dealer to pin it on the tech if they can't find the issue. Or at least tell you that is what they would do to discourage you from having them make it right.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Our 2019 JL 2.0 Jeep is at dealership for knockin in motor warranty repair. See attachment. They said something was wrong but can't take it apart of fix becuase if they don't find the issue tech has to pay for repair. They have to protect their techs. Have text from them admitting low oil pressure and engine has knock. We made sure it wasn't oil or fuel related before bringing it in; 91 octane oil change. They said this noise is normal. I said start another Jeep on lot and see if normal. They said they are not doing that. I have seen a people have same issue; see link.

This is my first non GM purchase and might be my last if they can't make this right. We love the Jeep just want the motor fixed. Its embarrassing loud and people make comments just out and about.
As far as getting a repair from warranty, only a dealership can do that. Good luck with everything.

Contact @JeepCares and get a case going through them.
Thanks for tagging us here, MARSHMELLA and GearWhore.

We would be happy to assist you while your Jeep is with the dealer for repairs, Vferguson. Send us a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

Well shit sounds like mine. The 2.0 seems to be a very noisy motor. When I get out of work Iā€™ll take a video so you can compare. Iā€™ll do a cold start and then idle after driving.

I figure that if it gets worse and it automatically installs a crank case vent window then it would happen by 60k miles hopefully.
Sponsored