Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Kelley Blue Book has announced its annual 2019 Best Resale Value Awards list and as usual, the Jeep Wrangler places first or second in every segment it was categorized in.

The 2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 door JLU and 2 door JL were first and second place, respectively, in the Off-Road SUV/Crossover category. KBB predicts the resale value of the 4-door will be 67.4% at 36 months and 58.8% at 60 months. Resale value of the 2-door is predicted to be 65% at 36 months and 57.3% at 60 months.

In the Overall Top Ten Cars category, the 2019 Jeep Wrangler placed second, only behind the Toyota Tacoma.

2019 Best Resale Value Awards: Off-Road SUV/Crossover

The new generation of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited retains the SUV's iconic looks, and adds better ride quality, improved fuel economy, more tech and advanced safety features, and even better off-road capability to the mix. The longer, roomier 4-door Wrangler Unlimited has class-leading resale value in the off-road SUV category, and the 2-door is right behind it in second place.

The Wrangler's history dates to World War II, with the larger Wrangler Unlimited joining the crew just 12 years ago. The Unlimited's success was immediate, and now makes up the vast majority of Wrangler sales. It's no wonder: it offers the extra room and utility many Wrangler buyers want, without compromising its core value of rugged off-road ability.

While the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is tough to its core, as we explain in the Wrangler's Expert Review, there's more to the Wrangler than just "the kind of open-air, off-road adventuring no other vehicle can match." This Jeep adds convenience and civility without losing its trail cred: "Despite its many improvements, the 2019 Wrangler sticks with traditional solid front and rear axles and a choice of 4-wheel-drive systems. However, unlike Wranglers of old, this one actually delivers a reasonably civilized ride over paved roads, with a cabin that is downright plush on some trims."

The Wrangler Unlimited's abilities have earned it legions of loyalists and has enabled it to hold its value exceptionally well. Its mix of awesome off-road capability and newfound on-road comfort and amenities will have buyers clamoring for the new model. Our number-crunchers anticipate the Wrangler Unlimited will offer excellent resale value, just as the previous model has done for the last several years.

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Resale-Value-Awards-KBB-1.jpg

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Resale-Value-Awards-KBB-2.jpg

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Resale-Value-Awards-KBB-3.jpg

2019 Best Resale Value Awards: Top Ten Cars

Trucks and SUVs dominate the top of the resale value charts, and for the first time, no cars are represented in the top 10 slots of this list. While the average new vehicle will be worth about 39 percent of its original sticker price after 60 months, these 10 vehicles will return an average of about 55 percent to their owners' pockets. For a $35,000 vehicle that works out to a meaningful difference of about $5,700 over a 5-year buy-own-sell ownership cycle. That's why choosing a car with good resale value can often save you more money in the long run than chasing big rebates and other incentives.

2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Resale-Value-Awards-KBB.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
No Surprise!

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This must be all wranglers (previous years) as how can a 2019 vehicle that has only been out in the wild for a few months have a 36 pr 60 month value analysed?

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If those numbers end up being true, it'll put folks who are leasing at a slight disadvantage at lease end. I think this is happening because they are saturating the market with Wranglers now days, and also because they are putting discounts on Wranglers, two things that never happened up until recent years.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I posted this information a few weeks back. Although it seems high when compared to other vehicles, this is a big decrease from past residual values for the wrangler. I don’t know if only the wrangler is impacted or the entire automotive resale values decreased.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This must be all wranglers (previous years) as how can a 2019 vehicle that has only been out in the wild for a few months have a 36 pr 60 month value analysed?
This ^^^

All of this talk about resale doesn't really apply to me since I don't plan on selling mine - I'm a habitual drive it into the ground car owner and my Jeep will be no different. Not to mention I have the lifetime warranty on it anyway so I'm invested for the long haul.

But for science, what he said. How in the world can they even know? :movember:
Sponsored