2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Text Messages not working

dmarsh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Electric Roof
I am trying to resolve why my text messages are not being announced. Supposedly by changing the Bluetooth setting to show notifications on my phone should allow uconnect to announce my messages. I have tried everything, soft reset, phone reset, and was searching through forums and I am wondering if it's a 2019 issue? Any advice would be great.
Sponsored

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
First off, are you plugged in via USB cable?

The only way I get notifications for texts is when I’m plugged in using Carplay (or Android Auto)... not over bluetooth. Since you mentioned bluetooth settings, my guess is you’re not connected with a cable, but I’m not sure.

For me, when connected with a cable, a banner will pop up with who the text is from... if I have the ringer on I will also get a chime over the speakers.

OP
OP
dmarsh

dmarsh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Electric Roof
i have no problems with the cable. But, supposedly you can receive an alert via bluetooth when you have "show notifications" set to Show all.
on the bluetooth settings. You have to hit that little"i".

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
the alert you get over bluetooth is only for Andriod. I am 100% certain of this. For Apple, it needs to be plugged in. It is restricted from Apple, not the Jeep, for privacy issues.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
the alert you get over bluetooth is only for Andriod. I am 100% certain of this. For Apple, it needs to be plugged in. It is restricted from Apple, not the Jeep, for privacy issues.
I beg to differ. I get my incoming text messages from my iPhone to display when connected via Bluetooth.

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Yeah my friend put his android on my Jeep via bluetooth and the texts work. It's incredibly annoying because it ducks any music and announces who texted you. Consider yourself lucky it doesnt work lol.

Deleted member 29342

With the many different vehicles I have had in the passed including Jeep my iPhone has never work with getting text from the head unit. That is with Bluetooth or cable connected. The 2 droids I have had did indeed work also I was able to replay using the head unit. I haven’t had any experience with apple car play yet, our new JLUR will be the first with CarPlay.

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
It works fine. You have to reboot your phone after you enable "show notifications"

-Eli
Sponsored