First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
I see they have a new model of the sport listed on the Jeep.com website in the builder pages. I have looked at it and see a few upgrades that make it look much better. New grille that has painted inserts like the Rubicon grille. Instrument cluster that looks like the Sahara and Rubicon cluster and a new 18 inch wheel. The only thing I see that I don't like is they show no option to get just a soft top. What's everybodys thoughts on this new offering?
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Isn't like all the wranglers the soft top is standard and the Hard top or dual top is an option?

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I thought about ordering one but it didn't come in Hella Yella. I hate it when they come out with special editions and they're only available in the basic colors of black, white, silver, red and gray. There's already a surplus of vehicles in that color. Would be cool if for once they'd offer limited edition colors only for limited edition models. When I was looking at buying a used JKU the only colors I mainly found were black, white, silver, red and gray. Must be nice being 'normal'

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I see they have a new model of the sport listed on the Jeep.com website in the builder pages. I have looked at it and see a few upgrades that make it look much better. New grille that has painted inserts like the Rubicon grille. Instrument cluster that looks like the Sahara and Rubicon cluster and a new 18 inch wheel. The only thing I see that I don't like is they show no option to get just a soft top. What's everybodys thoughts on this new offering?
Is it really a sport? I saw one at a local dealer and I thought it was a Sahara. It had painted fenders and possibly the 8” radio. Maybe they have altitude editions in both.

https://www.planetchryslerjeepdodge...78a0a0e0aea76574f951575081e.htm#&gid=1&pid=14

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coletrickle

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the altitude is kinda like a in between model from the sport s to a sahara. nothing special.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
the altitude is kinda like a in between model from the sport s to a sahara. nothing special.
Not at all. The sport altitude package is a sport S with black gloss painted accents. The Sahara altitude package is a better priced Sahara with gloss black accents.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Appearance package with a standard hard top and black wheels as far as I can tell. Nothing dramatically different from the Sport S and Sahara. I do like the way the wheels look though.

Digger70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I could be wrong but I thought getting the Altitude which comes with the hard top was less expensive than getting a Sport S and adding the hard top. And the black wheels are nicer than the Sport S wheels unless you don't like black wheels.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Appearance package with a standard hard top and black wheels as far as I can tell. Nothing dramatically different from the Sport S and Sahara. I do like the way the wheels look though.
Those wheels look familiar to you, do they? They should. They're the same wheels as yours, just all black. lol

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
If you want to option in everything, get the altitude since it’s actually cheaper and saves you a few hours plasti-dipping all the badges and grills.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Those wheels look familiar to you, do they? They should. They're the same wheels as yours, just all black. lol
Yep, lol. I didn't notice they were the same on both the Sport and Sahara versions. I should just have mine plasti-dipped and join in on the fun.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you want to option in everything, get the altitude since it’s actually cheaper and saves you a few hours plasti-dipping all the badges and grills.
I built a sport vs sport altitude and the altitude came out about $900 higher. With the Sahara version of the Altitude trim, it comes out cheaper than a standard Sahara.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I built a sport vs sport altitude and the altitude came out about $900 higher. With the Sahara version of the Altitude trim, it comes out cheaper than a standard Sahara.
Maybe something was missed on the Sport? I’m not familiar with what’s available for a Sport, could be as ambiguous as headliners etc.
Sponsored