2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 3 months old now leaking oil

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
So I have had my Jeep Wrangler for 3 months and have had it into dealer 4 times. First time was for bad starter with 1600 miles on it and now I have a oil leak and there telling me I need to leave it a dealer so they can tear it apart with 3800 miles I shouldn’t be having these issues... anyone else having problems

EB92097B-E8E5-49CA-8F25-AD2248E07943.jpeg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sad start to your JL journey :(
Hope they get this straightened out ASAP and you can eventually get back to happy.
G'luck!

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
I have no idea I was hoping someone could tell me what it is....
If you want to be a Jeeper, you need to learn your oil colors , and smells, at the very least .

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Oil droplets look awfully red to me. Just dirt?

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Looks awfully beat up for 3 months old...did you break in your new engine and components?

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So I have had my Jeep Wrangler for 3 months and have had it into dealer 4 times. First time was for bad starter with 1600 miles on it and now I have a oil leak and there telling me I need to leave it a dealer so they can tear it apart with 3800 miles I shouldn’t be having these issues... anyone else having problems

Funny you should ask. I popped the hood on my 3 month old 2019 JLU this afternoon and discovered a possible coolant leak. Reservoir was below minimum line and there was some pinkish fluid stains on a few hoses and splattered around a bit. I received my first service notice from the dealer this week as I’m now at about 5200 miles. (How did they know?) Will be at the service department first thing Monday morning without an appointment. I was planning a getaway to Maine for this upcoming holiday weekend. Hope this is a quick fix the dealer can take care of before my planned departure on Thursday after work. If not, Plan B is a two wheeled cruise down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Early forecast for Maine is rain anyway. Riding the bike in chilly rain is no fun. Nice to have options.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Funny you should ask. I popped the hood on my 3 month old 2019 JLU this afternoon and discovered a possible coolant leak. Reservoir was below minimum line and there was some pinkish fluid stains on a few hoses and splattered around a bit. I received my first service notice from the dealer this week as I’m now at about 5200 miles. (How did they know?) Will be at the service department first thing Monday morning without an appointment. I was planning a getaway to Maine for this upcoming holiday weekend. Hope this is a quick fix the dealer can take care of before my planned departure on Thursday after work. If not, Plan B is a two wheeled cruise down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Early forecast for Maine is rain anyway. Riding the bike in chilly rain is no fun. Nice to have options.
Maine?! No kidding...I love it up there.
I wouldn't ride up it's cold up there now.
I headed to NY, Mirror lake next week.

Btw was below line because I'm sure your Jeep was off and not running. And the dealer knows everything. You know your monthly health report you get? Well.....

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah rear main or front pump seal but it doesn't look like ATF.

Let's just hope it was a shitty seal and not a crankshaft going "0"

I swear my oil pan gasket is leaking on the left side, noticed it around maybe 4000 miles LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Smccartin

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I swear my oil pan gasket is leaking on the left side, noticed it around maybe 4000 miles LOL
Are either one of them difficult repairs?

OP
OP
Smccartin

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I know for a fact tha it’s black oil that’s leaking

OP
OP
Smccartin

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on where it's leaking...that's my guess. Not a fun job to fix but not overly complicated either. A competent mechanic should be able to get it changed out for you under warranty and you shouldn't have more problems with it.
Thanks for info...I will let you know Monday

OP
OP
Smccartin

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya I know this is definitely black which looks to be oil to me

OP
OP
Smccartin

Smccartin

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our tranny pan gasket is leaking...I'm pretty sure. Not much, but enough to cause a film.
I’m not sure just very disheartening since it’s only a few months old and have had several problem already
Sponsored