Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

JudgeKnot

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This is a bit of a tangent to the original post, but I was in an accident one time where another car hit me, but I was determined to be at fault by the police and the court magistrate. I was driving on a divided highway, through a wooded area, and the winds were gusting. The roads were dry. I was driving my old Chevy Citation, with very good tread on the tires, and was moving past another car in the lane to my left. I was only going a few mph faster than that car. As we broke out of the wooded area, we were hit by a strong gust of wind, that literally lifted the front of the car, high enough that I lost traction, and swinging the front end slightly to the left. Then, when the tires settled back down to the pavement, my direction was changed enough that it moved me into the left lane far enough for the other car to hit me in the front fender.
I argued that it was an act of God, that no one should have expected that to happen. The police report even noted that my tires were in good condition. I challenged the ticket but lost. The magistrate decided I was driving too fast for conditions, which I thought was ridiculous, but I couldn't challenge it any farther.
My point is that even if someone is driving safely, stuff can happen, and you can get a ticket for driving too fast for conditions, or failing to stop in a safe and assured distance. Those are sucky days for sure.

eddified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla, Ford Transit 350
This is a bit of a tangent to the original post, but I was in an accident one time where another car hit me, but I was determined to be at fault by the police and the court magistrate. I was driving on a divided highway, through a wooded area, and the winds were gusting. The roads were dry. I was driving my old Chevy Citation, with very good tread on the tires, and was moving past another car in the lane to my left. I was only going a few mph faster than that car. As we broke out of the wooded area, we were hit by a strong gust of wind, that literally lifted the front of the car, high enough that I lost traction, and swinging the front end slightly to the left. Then, when the tires settled back down to the pavement, my direction was changed enough that it moved me into the left lane far enough for the other car to hit me in the front fender.
I argued that it was an act of God, that no one should have expected that to happen. The police report even noted that my tires were in good condition. I challenged the ticket but lost. The magistrate decided I was driving too fast for conditions, which I thought was ridiculous, but I couldn't challenge it any farther.
My point is that even if someone is driving safely, stuff can happen, and you can get a ticket for driving too fast for conditions, or failing to stop in a safe and assured distance. Those are sucky days for sure.
Tough break, man. (I understand it was a long time ago, though. )

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Act of God or not(he's uninsured), you made an unsafe lane change that caused the accident. It sucks, but someone has to be at fault. Accidents happen, liability doesn't mean you're a bad driver. Sometimes it just happens.

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I second blaming the Toyota. Only time I rear ended a car, it was a Corolla stopped dead on the freeway.
Dead stopping in the middle of the freeway, they tend to do that here (Florida...Orlando specifically)...and I don't know why.

Speed through stops signs....stop in the middle of the highway.

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
Not being facetious, but if it is a total loss and you get a new vehicle, you should consider the safety group with adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and active braking. Overkill for some people, but this tech might have helped in your situation.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I just realized this thread was never a serious one at all, but I took the bait. Nice.
At least someone here is accepting responsibility for their actions, good on you. I, on the other hand, accept no responsibility for the pain, anguish, or misunderstanding of anything I have, or will say…

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not being facetious, but if it is a total loss and you get a new vehicle, you should consider the safety group with adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and active braking. Overkill for some people, but this tech might have helped in your situation.
Although faster than humans, safety nannies still need time and sufficient space to react, respond and bring the vehicle to a full stop.

Based on the little we know, my guess is the OP would still have crashed into the vehicle ahead, safety nannies or not.

Electronics can’t overcome the basic laws of physics. Not yet, anyway...

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone needs to start a poll on this thread so we can vote on repair or loss.

OP please keep us updated and again best of luck.
Anyone know how many episodes are left in this season, or if it will be picked up for a new season? I have cancelled Netflix, Hulu and Apple TV+ just to focus on this thread.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone did ask earlier in this thread as to what the OP's age is. There never was a response, was there? Maybe that would shed some light on this whole ordeal?
Only a Ouija board could shed some light on this ordeal…

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
Although faster than humans, safety nannies still need time and sufficient space to react, respond and bring the vehicle to a full stop.

Based on the little we know, my guess is the OP would still have crashed into the vehicle ahead, safety nannies or not.

Electronics can’t overcome the basic laws of physics. Not yet, anyway...
He could use the adaptive cruise control at the furthest distance and set forward collision on the highest sensitivity.

But that would be going full nannied, and I agree that the safety tech is not a substitute for being a good driver, and it won't be able to get you out of every dangerous situation.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
@SoK66 Insurance is being a pain in the ass and they told us last week that it was in line to be inspected but I found out like 30 min ago that no one has gone to see it and that nobody has inspected any of the cars they are “supposedly” busy with. I think it’s a TL just because of all the damages and there should be heavy damage to the front of the frame.
Did they at least give you a rental car in the time being?
Sponsored