Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The only variable in his favor is how long they may have to keep him in a rental, if he paid for that coverage. The costs can mount up quickly as the rental angencies fleets are under stocked.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Having been an insurance adjuster for 10 years, I've seen worse repaired. I've seen full frame replacements several times. You have a few things working against you right now, the market is still heavily inflated which brings your Jeeps value higher than it otherwise would be. Transmission could be a module that got destroyed, it doesn't have to be the whole transmission that's bad. Emergency brake is probably a cable. It would have to have $35k worth of damage before the insurance company would even start to consider totaling it out.
Air bags alone would be what?? 6-8K?

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Having been an insurance adjuster for 10 years, I've seen worse repaired. I've seen full frame replacements several times. You have a few things working against you right now, the market is still heavily inflated which brings your Jeeps value higher than it otherwise would be. Transmission could be a module that got destroyed, it doesn't have to be the whole transmission that's bad. Emergency brake is probably a cable. It would have to have $35k worth of damage before the insurance company would even start to consider totaling it out.
@CorvZ061 Wherever you are it may be different for mine I’ve had my own insurance tell me it’s a total loss I’ve had other people that own body shops tell me that it’s repairable but to much damage to repair and that no one would do the job because people are just damn lazy these days and heck I’ve even had other people that work for other car insurances tell me it’s a total loss so sorry my friend times have changed the market is hot right now but the lack of parts is the problem and all the internal problems that I’m sure it has thanks for the info and your opinion tho appreciate it

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only variable in his favor is how long they may have to keep him in a rental, if he paid for that coverage. The costs can mount up quickly as the rental angencies fleets are under stocked.
@The Last Cowboy it’s going to be a long ass time if they decide to repair because of parts almost everything is on backorder unfortunately and I was looking they manufacturer for Jeep does not have my cars hood in stock it said temporarily out of stock so that’s the problem, I have the coverage for a rental but only for a certain time then we have to pay out of pocket if we go past that amount of time they are giving it to us and I’m not going to us it tho because I’m a tall ass dude I’m 6’4 and literally thanks to me choosing a Jeep as my first car first God saved me and my friends life and then second the car if the car was any lower I would have gone under the Jeep and had to probably go to the ER or I could have even died. So you also have to take the parts into consideration which will help place it In TL.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
@CorvZ061 Wherever you are it may be different for mine I’ve had my own insurance tell me it’s a total loss I’ve had other people that own body shops tell me that it’s repairable but to much damage to repair and that no one would do the job because people are just damn lazy these days and heck I’ve even had other people that work for other car insurances tell me it’s a total loss so sorry my friend times have changed the market is hot right now but the lack of parts is the problem and all the internal problems that I’m sure it has thanks for the info and your opinion tho appreciate it
Things haven't changed that much. I got out of it 2 years ago, a lot of my claims came from Florida too! Can't imagine why...

I hope it works out for you. Don't cry too much if it doesn't. Most policies in Fl give rental coverage for a certain amount of time then you pay for it if you need to keep the rental.

Don't put much faith in friend's at body shops, they don't even know what the insurance company is going to do. There have been a lot of stupid decisions if it's better for the insurance company financially.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
@ jack bauer most likely yes but the problems are the lack of parts and just all the damage internally that you can’t see from the outside
Yes.
I know that.
I worked as an insurance adjustor many moons ago.
I know all about hidden damage. I also know insurance companies are not your friends. Nor should they be, they are in it to pay the least amount possible to settle a claim within the confines of your policy and the law. It's business.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.
I know that.
I worked an insurance adjustor many moons ago.
I know all about hidden damage. I also know insurance companies are not your friends. Nor should they be, they are in it to pay the least amount possible to settle a claim within the confines of your policy and the law. It's business.
Absolutely I agree with that 100% in just praying to God for the best

Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
He will only Have a rental for certain period of time. Insurance companies have contracts with rental companies that will offer reduce rates to them.

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So last Thursday 9/9/21 around 3:30 in the afternoon I got into a car accident it was raining hard and I had all my precautions on windshield wipers were on max speed and my lights were on and of course seatbelts were on and no distractions all of a sudden the Jeep Wrangler in front of me came to a complete stop full foot on brakes and I got scared and my reaction was to slam on my brakes to not hit the Jeep in front of me but I slammed so hard on my brakes that my car hydroplaned and slid into the back of the other persons Jeep and now I’m wondering if my Jeep is Fixable or it’s a total loss both driver and passenger airbags deployed, transmission is broken and front bumper got stuck under the guys Jeep is it a total loss or is it fixable?
C32421DE-8FF7-449E-8EAE-1E6A3F3512C5.jpeg
CBE61637-99FE-4D90-BB6C-852AEC5ECF0F.jpeg
Holy run-on sentence, Batman! But seriously, as long as you are okay, the Jeep can be replaced.