Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I owned a C7 Corvette Z06 with ceramic brakes (sold it in 2019). I am expecting the 4xe Rubicon I have on order will not stop as fast. :surprised: lol.

All new-to-Wrangler drivers need to adjust their habits to slow down and leave a nice buffer in front. I know I will.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss??? 1631914991586
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Yea exactly even if they tell me itā€™s repairable Iā€™m gonna tell them to total it because Iā€™m not taking it back
You can't TELL them total it. You can try to convince them to declare it a total loss or your attorney can try. The claim disposition is completely in the insurance company's control, however you could sue over it but would probably lose. If they decide to fix it, make sure they do an amazing job, and sell it.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
If you weren't able to maintain control it doesn't matter how fast you were going, it was still too fast. The speed limit isn't how fast you should be going, the basic speed rule is how fast you should be going. You shouldn't drive 38 in 45 mph zone if you cannot stop for the car in front of you, bwahahaha. You're hilarious man, really.
So, I just read thru 9 pages of bullshit and still don't know if it was actually totalled or not. Any update?
@Dan M apparently my insurance is super busy and they are behind schedule I should know Monday

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't TELL them total it. You can try to convince them to declare it a total loss or your attorney can try. The claim disposition is completely in the insurance company's control, however you could sue over it but would probably lose. If they decide to fix it, make sure they do an amazing job, and sell it.
@AlgUSF thatā€™s what I mean I have to convince them.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You canā€™t convince them to total it. Read your insurance contract. If they decide to repair it, then thatā€™s what will be done. You can decide what to do with it after you get it back.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You canā€™t convince them to total it. Read your insurance contract. If they decide to repair it, then thatā€™s what will be done. You can decide what to do with it after you get it back.
@The Last Cowboy thatā€™s why I said if I get it back Iā€™m going to trade it in and get a new one but I doubt itā€™s repairable

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I've seen some crazy stuff in the last year and a half. So you may just have to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. A coworker had her Tacoma essentially rebuilt, to include a frame, rather than totaled. It was a 2019. They did a really good job though.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Insurance adjustment is a negotiation, if they think you'll be a pain in the rear end and cost them more money than it is worth they'll total it. The body shops are in cahoots with the insurance companies. I would talk about being concerned about "safety" and mentioning that I plan on getting an independent mechanic to inspect it once the work has been completed.

At the end of the day if the work isn't completed to your satisfaction of making you "whole", you can just refuse to accept the repair. Obviously, once the work is completed the pressure gets high for you to accept it.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
RIghts vary from state to state and contracts vary from company to company. But, if the repairs were done at an ASE certified shop and were deemed to be complete and safe to drive, the burden to prove otherwise would rest on the owner of the vehicle. At that point there would be no further obligation for a rental car or other policy benefits. As I stated, read your contract.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RIghts vary from state to state and contracts vary from company to company. But, if the repairs were done at an ASE certified shop and were deemed to be complete and safe to drive, the burden to prove otherwise would rest on the owner of the vehicle. At that point there would be no further obligation for a rental car or other policy benefits. As I stated, read your contract.
Yes thank you @The Last Cowboy

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Yea exactly even if they tell me itā€™s repairable Iā€™m gonna tell them to total it because Iā€™m not taking it back
You can tell them that all you want, they'll still repair it. If they totaled vehicles simply because the vehicle owner wants it totaled you would never see any repaired vehicles. Your only recourse would be to take it and trade it in or sale it private party. The insurance company is there to make you whole again, not for you to improve yourself on. The damage from the photos you posted is very repairable.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can tell them that all you want, they'll still repair it. If they totaled vehicles simply because the vehicle owner wants it totaled you would never see any repaired vehicles. Your only recourse would be to take it and trade it in or sale it private party. The insurance company is there to make you whole again, not for you to improve yourself on. The damage from the photos you posted is very repairable.
@CorvZ061 due to the lack of parts right now and not only the front of my car is ruined but transmission+emergency brakes+airbags+Iā€™m pretty sure there are a bunch of internal damages itā€™s a total loss my friend works at a body shop and he showed his boss and he said that no body shop is gonna want to work on that Jeep so making it a TL unfortunately

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CorvZ061 also side lights are broken and basically look like someone tried ripping them off there going to need a bunch of new wires if they want to fix that

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
@CorvZ061 due to the lack of parts right now and not only the front of my car is ruined but transmission+emergency brakes+airbags+Iā€™m pretty sure there are a bunch of internal damages itā€™s a total loss my friend works at a body shop and he showed his boss and he said that no body shop is gonna want to work on that Jeep so making it a TL unfortunately
Having been an insurance adjuster for 10 years, I've seen worse repaired. I've seen full frame replacements several times. You have a few things working against you right now, the market is still heavily inflated which brings your Jeeps value higher than it otherwise would be. Transmission could be a module that got destroyed, it doesn't have to be the whole transmission that's bad. Emergency brake is probably a cable. It would have to have $35k worth of damage before the insurance company would even start to consider totaling it out.
Sponsored