Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Then you were driving too fast. Man up and accept fault. You were driving too fast/too close for the conditions. If you were driving slower this would have not happened. This doesnt mean you are a terrible person. We are all humans and not perfect.
This!!! Hate to be mean but OP has gone full retard not accepting fault...OP needs help for personality disorder not an attorney...Geez!
Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
šŸ˜‚ The Lady in the Toyota when I asked her what happened she just said nothing happened and that everything is fine I was like ā€œlady thereā€™s a 4 car accidentā€ and she was smiling and it was kind of creepy and she was acting weird just smiling the entire time and telling everyone that nothing happened.
She was probably experiencing that euphoric feeling that comes when you get rear-ended by three drivers and you know you will soon be getting lots of money and a NEW CAR
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss??? carrrr
!

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
The cop told you the truth, you will be deemed at fault. The insurance company has charts for accidents. The vehicle that rear ends another vehicle moving in the same direction is always considered 100% fault. One can think up all kind of scenarios, but the insurance company will determine the rear ender is always going to be at fault. It doesn't matter it was raining, it doesn't matter you were the 4th car, it doesn't matter it was heavy traffic. The following driver is always suppose to leave enough room to stop for the conditions.
This is incorrect. Just because you hit someone from behind doesn't mean you're automatically at fault in the eyes of the law, or insurance. Generally it was your fault, but not all the time.

I hit a lady from behind in my 79' CJ-7. I offered for her to just pay me $100 to get the bumper replaced (just the U shaped metal got bent a little), but she refused and called the police. The cop cited her and she argued with him that I should be at fault because I hit her from behind, but she pulled out right in front of me and there was no way to avoid hitting her without crossing into oncoming traffic. Her insurance company accepted full responsibility as well.

JFLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Rubicon (Totaled)
Personally, I would request them to total it out even if they say it's not. They may deny it and want to repair and if that's the case oh well at least you tried. But I recently had my Jeep totaled when someone ran a red light and smacked me. Ended up coming out about $8k richer than when I bought the car originally because the market is so hot right now.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I believe FL is a no-fault insurance state. If so, is it that important how the officer writes the incident up for insurance purposes, assuming no liability thresholds were exceeded?

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Glad everyone is okay. Just curious, OP. Were you also rear ended (Lucky Pierre) or the caboose?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Honestly, on any accident where no humans got injured, who cares who is at fault.

I do not blame the OP having hired an attorney. Let the attorney deal with all the paperwork and bureaucracy involved, so the OP can focus on getting his next Jeep and go on with his life without the aggravation.

Most people these days have legal insurance plans from work, so it really does not cost much if anything to hire an attorney.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I believe FL is a no-fault insurance state. If so, is it that important how the officer writes the incident up for insurance purposes, assuming no liability thresholds were exceeded?
It does, but I'm not well versed enough to explain why.

For example, I was in an accident once where an older woman stopped at a stop sign, looked both ways (as I was coming toward her), and then pulled out into me, hitting me in my driver's side door. Funny thing is, the cop didn't actually write her a ticket. He said "Accidents happen sometimes and no one's really at fault, that's why they're called accidents." I assume the woman was a friend or something because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. She literally just pulled out into my car, how could she not be at fault just because she "took the right steps". Her judgment sucks or she was blind.

I was young and stupid and driving without insurance. Lucky for me, she called her insurance agent and explained that she caused an accident, so when I called her agent, they said that she had already called and accepted liability and they would take care of it. The lady didn't know that I didn't have insurance, she just knew that it was her fault and was a good person.

Technically, with FL no-fault, my understanding is you go through your own policy unless PIP or other limits are exceeded, but her agent put me in a rental and got my car fixed, no questions asked.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Like I have said before JEEPERs are a very different breed. This post proves it again. :facepalm:

ā€œWhenever you are about to find fault with someone, ask yourself the following question: What fault of mine most nearly resembles the one I am about to criticize?ā€ :headbang:

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
There is still the concept of 'at fault'. It absolutely is important how the cop writes it up. No fault just means each insurance company handles the repairs of each car separately and each person pays his/her deductible. Then later, based on the police report, blame is assigned and the at fault person's insurance pays the other insurance co behind the scenes and the 'victim' gets his deductible reimbursed by his own company, and most importantly, his insurance rates don't go up, and the 'at fault' person's insurance is raised for years to come.

Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Honestly, on any accident where no humans got injured, who cares who is at fault.

I do not blame the OP having hired an attorney. Let the attorney deal with all the paperwork and bureaucracy involved, so the OP can focus on getting his next Jeep and go on with his life without the aggravation.

Most people these days have legal insurance plans from work, so it really does not cost much if anything to hire an attorney.
Who cares? Bad drivers need their rates to go up while good drivers rates need to come down. The more of that, the better.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Well what else do I do yes due to the way the law is written I am at fault but what if there was nothing else I could have done like seriously there was nothing else to do except slamming on the brakes it was my mistake since road were wet but it changes the story if the people upfront had all ready crashed which it looks like they had the attorney will help prove that there was nothing else I could have done and the accident was not my fault.
You keep saying that, that there was nothing else you could do. You could have done plenty, and that's why you were deemed at fault. You could have driven slower. You could have driven with greater distance between you and the car in front of you. You could have chosen not to drive in the adverse conditions, waiting until the rain slowed/subsided. There are things you could have done to either eliminate yourself from the equation, or mitigated the risk. That's why you're deemed at fault.

If you rear-ended someone in the rain, you were driving too close, not paying enough attention, or traveling too fast for conditions. It boils down to that. You are the only person that had any control over your vehicle, therefore you are responsible for what happened with your vehicle. If your vehicle struck another object, you are responsible for that. Even if the vehicle you hit was traveling in the wrong direction, in reverse, you still have a responsibility as a driver to do your best to avoid an accident. Did you do everything you could to avoid the accident, no. Therefore, at least some amount of, liability rests with you. That's the bottom line, you are the driver, always responsible for avoiding a collision.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
This!!! Hate to be mean but OP has gone full retard not accepting fault...OP needs help for personality disorder not an attorney...Geez!
New information on the case the First car caused the accident she had gotten rear ended way before the other cars in my accident but it was a hit and run so she was completely parked in my lane with emergency lights on the car that hit her was going speed limit while raining which is why they hit the first car and the lady in the Jeep that I hit was distracted by her dog which was in the car causing her to hit the back of the car in front of her and it has been determined that my Jeep hydroplaned into the Jeep in front of me so my attorneys told me that when we go to court it will most likely be put for partially my blame since I should have had a little more distance.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You keep saying that, that there was nothing else you could do. You could have done plenty, and that's why you were deemed at fault. You could have driven slower. You could have driven with greater distance between you and the car in front of you. You could have chosen not to drive in the adverse conditions, waiting until the rain slowed/subsided. There are things you could have done to either eliminate yourself from the equation, or mitigated the risk. That's why you're deemed at fault.

If you rear-ended someone in the rain, you were driving too close, not paying enough attention, or traveling too fast for conditions. It boils down to that. You are the only person that had any control over your vehicle, therefore you are responsible for what happened with your vehicle. If your vehicle struck another object, you are responsible for that. Even if the vehicle you hit was traveling in the wrong direction, in reverse, you still have a responsibility as a driver to do your best to avoid an accident. Did you do everything you could to avoid the accident, no. Therefore, at least some amount of, liability rests with you. That's the bottom line, you are the driver, always responsible for avoiding a collision.

When I slammed on brakes it has been determined I was going 38 in a 45 mph zone basically from my understanding of what my attorney told me is that every one has a part to blame but it is not my fault completely they told me

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a
Who cares? Bad drivers need their rates to go up while good drivers rates need to come down. The more of that, the better.
I am an excellent driver dumb ass never had a ticket never had a car accident before last week ever why donā€™t you just shut the hell up I am one of the safest drivers you would ever see out in the road. I am no bad driver and you accusing me of being is just a sick move you donā€™t know me so donā€™t assume shit about me like I said Iā€™m a safe driver believe if you want I donā€™t give a shit I know what happened and I know my conscience is clear and God knows Iā€™m a safe driver this is whatā€™s wrong with the world people accusing people and assuming shit about them that they donā€™t even know is certain.
Sponsored