Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
And thank you for being optimistic and saying it might be my fault but the three cars including the one I slid into had already crashed but due to me rear ending the Jeep it’s my fault that’s what the Cop said because it’s the law but that is why we have attorneys and they will help prove that is was not my fault because it wasn’t.
So there where 3 prior accidents that you didn't notice?
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP I'm glad all persons involved are OK. Vehicles can always be replaced - that is why you have insurance. Since your Jeep is not modded, you should push hard for your insurance company to declare a total loss. Much better than waiting months on end for parts and repairs, and have a vehicle with damage history. I think your Jeep is right on the edge of total loss. Frame+engine+transmission+airbags probably puts it over the top.

As for it being your fault or not, don't let that bum you. Every accident is a chain of events with multiple contributing factors. in your case you had the bad weather, plus a vehicle that stopped suddenly due to colliding with another vehicle. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, regardless of what others said here.
(No one drives on a through road at a speed and distance that enables them to stop if the vehicle in front stops dead on it's track due to colliding with something. I once saw a guy hit an express toll booth at like 30MPH and he collected 4 cars who couldn't stop).

Good luck to you - I hope your insurance company makes it as painless as possible. Start shopping for your new Jeep - that will be exciting.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
OP I'm glad all persons involved are OK. Vehicles can always be replaced - that is why you have insurance. Since your Jeep is not modded, you should push hard for your insurance company to declare a total loss. Much better than waiting months on end for parts and repairs, and have a vehicle with damage history. I think your Jeep is right on the edge of total loss. Frame+engine+transmission+airbags probably puts it over the top.

As for it being your fault or not, don't let that bum you. Every accident is a chain of events with multiple contributing factors. in your case you had the bad weather, plus a vehicle that stopped suddenly due to colliding with another vehicle. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, regardless of what others said here.
(No one drives on a through road at a speed and distance that enables them to stop if the vehicle in front stops dead on it's track due to colliding with something. I once saw a guy hit an express toll booth at like 30MPH and he collected 4 cars who couldn't stop).

Good luck to you - I hope your insurance company makes it as painless as possible. Start shopping for your new Jeep - that will be exciting.
Thank you yes exactly I’m not going to let it bum me because I know what happened and that’s why I hired an attorney they will take care of it and show that is wasn’t my fault because it wasn’t, I think to this point it’s a total loss we were supposed to get the final call yesterday but we never received one so maybe they are just finding more damages in places we couldn’t see I hope I get the call today.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Is this serious? Sounds like you are tailgating. People drive way too fast in the rain and snow without realizing how much more stopping distance you need especially with the wrong set of tires. Why would you even want it back? Looks like a total loss for me. Use the insurance money to go buy a different Jeep. It wasn't like that's a super rare model that can't be replaced. Hope you and everyone involved made it out unscathed.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
And thank you for being optimistic and saying it might be my fault but the three cars including the one I slid into had already crashed but due to me rear ending the Jeep it’s my fault that’s what the Cop said because it’s the law but that is why we have attorneys and they will help prove that is was not my fault because it wasn’t.
Advice to OP: STOP talking about who might be at fault on the internet. Everything you say on this forum can be used against you by the insurance company or a plaintiff if it benefits them. The people you hit might have neck injuries that were not readily apparent at the time of the accident…and they might elect to sue you. You’ve already said too much….don’t argue your point on a public forum. Good luck with your claim.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew there had to be a Toyota to blame in this story.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss??? FAE7EA2B-27D2-4FEE-84CC-BC0C6274AEFE
😂 The Lady in the Toyota when I asked her what happened she just said nothing happened and that everything is fine I was like “lady there’s a 4 car accident” and she was smiling and it was kind of creepy and she was acting weird just smiling the entire time and telling everyone that nothing happened.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
😂 The Lady in the Toyota when I asked her what happened she just said nothing happened and that everything is fine I was like “lady there’s a 4 car accident” and she was smiling and it was kind of creepy and she was acting weird just smiling the entire time and telling everyone that nothing happened.
They let anybody drive in this state, seriously anybody with a pulse.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Not really I had a pretty good amount of distance but since I slammed on the brakes so hard my car Hydroplaned and slid but maybe I should have been a little more farther away since I didn’t know that my car was going to hyrdroplane and slide like that.
I thought this is what anti-lock brakes were for? 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
So how is it my fault when the car in front slammed on there brakes and had already crashed into the car In front of it literally there was nothing I could have done I got scared and did the only thing I could have thought of and that was slamming on the brakes lesson here is don’t be an asshole to people because you weren’t there you didn’t see what happened I in fact have a witness that was in the car with me so I know what happened I am not making excuses your just being a damn douchebag for no reason.
Thank you yes exactly I’m not going to let it bum me because I know what happened and that’s why I hired an attorney they will take care of it and show that is wasn’t my fault because it wasn’t, I think to this point it’s a total loss we were supposed to get the final call yesterday but we never received one so maybe they are just finding more damages in places we couldn’t see I hope I get the call today.
The cop told you the truth, you will be deemed at fault. The insurance company has charts for accidents. The vehicle that rear ends another vehicle moving in the same direction is always considered 100% fault. One can think up all kind of scenarios, but the insurance company will determine the rear ender is always going to be at fault. It doesn't matter it was raining, it doesn't matter you were the 4th car, it doesn't matter it was heavy traffic. The following driver is always suppose to leave enough room to stop for the conditions.

You are wasting your time and money with attorney. I am surprised an attorney would even take this case. Did you go to a reputable attorney or one of the ambulance chasers?

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Thank you my friend exactly I had nothing to do and it was not my fault I had no other options due to heavy traffic I agree 100% better days are up ahead and absolutely I will keep all of you updated on what insurance says most likely I will have an result tomorrow
Heavy traffic and you still hit someone? Where you looking elsewhere?

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cop told you the truth, you will be deemed at fault. The insurance company has charts for accidents. The vehicle that rear ends another vehicle moving in the same direction is always considered 100% fault. One can think up all kind of scenarios, but the insurance company will determine the rear ender is always going to be at fault. It doesn't matter it was raining, it doesn't matter you were the 4th car, it doesn't matter it was heavy traffic. The following driver is always suppose to leave enough room to stop for the conditions.

You are wasting your time and money with attorney. I am surprised an attorney would even take this case. Did you go to a reputable attorney or one of the ambulance chasers?
I Don’t give a shit about your opinion thank you but I don’t I know what I’m doing if it was my fault I wouldnt be wasting my time with an attorney I’m not a dumbass

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I Don’t give a shit about your opinion thank you but I don’t I know what I’m doing if it was my fault I wouldnt be wasting my time with an attorney I’m not a dumbass
I've been through this before. Same type of chain reaction accident in which I rear ended the car in front of me because he had to slam on the brakes and the guy behind me hit me.
I was placed partially at fault for the accident.
I know you don't want to hear it, but I think it will be the same for you.
It might not be fair, but that's how it will go. Attorney or no attorney.
Sponsored