Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

honestly i would say its not a total loss. frames from the manufacture are only like 2K and there are a few members have bought total losses and done the frame swap them selves. and there are even a few that insurance covered the repairs. transmissions are not to price either. I glad everyone was OK and remember its called an accident for a reason.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Jeep on Jeep violence is tough to see. Best wishes to all passengers involved. I hydroplaned once after hitting some hard-to-see standing water on a dark road once, and it was the scariest and longest four seconds of my life. It took three trees and a stone wall to stop me.

For the benefit of readers who have not experienced it yet: speed, weight, water depth and tread depth are the key variables. Jeeps are heavy so drive defensively in rain. I've not heard of braking contributing to hydroplaning, I've always known it to reduce the risk especially in vehicles with ABS. Sharply turning the wheel can make things worse - just ride it out. Since my incident 30 years ago, I've kept a cheap tire depth gauge in my glovebox and generally check every few tanks when I refuel. And I never squeeze extra miles out of a tire set either, I replace tires liberally. Stay safe.

Andrew2311

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So last Thursday 9/9/21 around 3:30 in the afternoon I got into a car accident it was raining hard and I had all my precautions on windshield wipers were on max speed and my lights were on and of course seatbelts were on and no distractions all of a sudden the Jeep Wrangler in front of me came to a complete stop full foot on brakes and I got scared and my reaction was to slam on my brakes to not hit the Jeep in front of me but I slammed so hard on my brakes that my car hydroplaned and slid into the back of the other persons Jeep and now I’m wondering if my Jeep is Fixable or it’s a total loss both driver and passenger airbags deployed, transmission is broken and front bumper got stuck under the guys Jeep is it a total loss or is it fixable?
C32421DE-8FF7-449E-8EAE-1E6A3F3512C5.jpeg
CBE61637-99FE-4D90-BB6C-852AEC5ECF0F.jpeg
buddy of mine hit a deer with similar looking damage, and they totaled his.. Mainly because it pushed the engine back into the transmission. but only your insurance dude will know for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
buddy of mine hit a deer with similar looking damage, and they totaled his.. Mainly because it pushed the engine back into the transmission. but only your insurance dude will know for sure.
Yea true there finishing up looking at it right now transmission is broken and I think it’s totaled because it hit a giant tire that felt like a rock and he had a custom steel bumper and a pullbar upfront

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would hope/push for a TL at this point - I know I would not want it back.
Yea of course even if the car is repairable I’m not taking it back cause I know that thing is gonna have a lot of issues on the future and it’s gonna cost me a lot of money to fix in the future so I think they are going to consider that also and the car is gonna go down a hell of a lot in price

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea true there finishing up looking at it right now transmission is broken and I think it’s totaled because it hit a giant tire that felt like a rock and he had a custom steel bumper and a pullbar upfront
There is clearly damage under the hood I am certain of it

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honestly i would say its not a total loss. frames from the manufacture are only like 2K and there are a few members have bought total losses and done the frame swap them selves. and there are even a few that insurance covered the repairs. transmissions are not to price either. I glad everyone was OK and remember its called an accident for a reason.
[/QUOTE
Yes indeed I’m glad everyone was ok and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a total loss because not only did the front get destroyed transmission is broken so is the emergency brake and airbags deployed and if you looked inside the hood you could clearly see damage

Sponsored

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow just for hitting a deer ye the front of the Jeep got pushed Into things in there so I’m not sure I’m just waiting

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Accident is an accident, no sense in making the OP feel worse about his mistake.

high probability it’s a TL. While value is at an all time high, so is salvage value. Add that to probable frame damage, airbags deployed, and general lack of parts right now. Off this 1 pic and small bit of info I’d say 80% chance of totaling
No some accidents are avoidable, I don't want to make anyone feel bad.
But a rear collision on a flat surface? Going to fast in the rain causing a hydroplane.
Did the guy that stopped short in front of him hit anything?
Sorry I drove for a living........can't help it.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No some accidents are avoidable, I don't want to make anyone feel bad.
But a rear collision on a flat surface? Going to fast in the rain causing a hydroplane.
Did the guy that stopped short in front of him hit anything?
Sorry I drove for a living........can't help it.
Yes he hit the car in front of him so he was going around 45-50 in a 45 speed limit road and of course he should have been going slower since it was raining

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
FYI Any rear collision like this completely avoidable.
You were to close for the road conditions.
FYI Any rear collision like this completely avoidable.
You were to close for the road conditions.
We all do things we regret…no reason to rub it in…OP didn’t ask for our opinions about the cause of the accident…

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
So last Thursday 9/9/21 around 3:30 in the afternoon I got into a car accident it was raining hard and I had all my precautions on windshield wipers were on max speed and my lights were on and of course seatbelts were on and no distractions all of a sudden the Jeep Wrangler in front of me came to a complete stop full foot on brakes and I got scared and my reaction was to slam on my brakes to not hit the Jeep in front of me but I slammed so hard on my brakes that my car hydroplaned and slid into the back of the other persons Jeep and now I’m wondering if my Jeep is Fixable or it’s a total loss both driver and passenger airbags deployed, transmission is broken and front bumper got stuck under the guys Jeep is it a total loss or is it fixable?
Questions that must be answered before we can determine if this is a TL:
  • Are you Vaccinated?
  • Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express the night before the accident?
  • Were you momentarily distracted by your favorite song on the radio?
  • Do you floss every night?
  • Have you ever bought an upgrade for your Jeep that wasn't spouse-approved?
  • Did you have the Angry Bird Eyes grill cover?

By the way, before anyone takes this seriously, this is totally meant to be satirical...
Sponsored