Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara fixable or Total loss???

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I hope you are able to collect on this Jeep, and move on to another, vehicles are replaceable, people are not.
And, an excellent example of why rear mounted spare tires make such good shock absorbers. Both vehicles and occupants benefited from that giant spare tire
Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
So last Thursday 9/9/21 around 3:30 in the afternoon I got into a car accident it was raining hard and I had all my precautions on windshield wipers were on max speed and my lights were on and of course seatbelts were on and no distractions all of a sudden the Jeep Wrangler in front of me came to a complete stop full foot on brakes and I got scared and my reaction was to slam on my brakes to not hit the Jeep in front of me but I slammed so hard on my brakes that my car hydroplaned and slid into the back of the other persons Jeep and now I’m wondering if my Jeep is Fixable or it’s a total loss both driver and passenger airbags deployed, transmission is broken and front bumper got stuck under the guys Jeep is it a total loss or is it fixable?
C32421DE-8FF7-449E-8EAE-1E6A3F3512C5.jpeg
CBE61637-99FE-4D90-BB6C-852AEC5ECF0F.jpeg
The mentality of modern day humans. Find some silly excuse, even fault the victim, for your own failure. Rear end accident are the fault of the rear driver PERIOD

OP never stated a concern of the vehicle and driver that he rammed...........................................

Grow a pair, man up and admit your failure PERIOD

All of the members giving this guy a pass are no better PERIOD

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I hope you are able to collect on this Jeep, and move on to another, vehicles are replaceable, people are not.
And, an excellent example of why rear mounted spare tires make such good shock absorbers. Both vehicles and occupants benefited from that giant spare tire
Yes I agree

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mentality of modern day humans. Find some silly excuse, even fault the victim, for your own failure. Rear end accident are the fault of the rear driver PERIOD

OP never stated a concern of the vehicle and driver that he rammed...........................................

So how is it my fault when the car in front slammed on there brakes and had already crashed into the car In front of it literally there was nothing I could have done I got scared and did the only thing I could have thought of and that was slamming on the brakes lesson here is don’t be an asshole to people because you weren’t there you didn’t see what happened I in fact have a witness that was in the car with me so I know what happened I am not making excuses your just being a damn douchebag for no reason.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My vote: total loss (airbags and busted transmission means crumple zones did their job but that means…. TL IMO)

JeepAtLast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 64 FI Vette
Occupation
Service Writer
You guys are way to harsh! That's not a TL, come on a vacuum cleaner and polisher will fix it right up. Use the vacuum to pull the dent out, then polish it right up, good as new!

I'd be more interested if the ABS kicked on, if it didn't there is another issue to be discussed.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are way to harsh! That's not a TL, come on a vacuum cleaner and polisher will fix it right up. Use the vacuum to pull the dent out, then polish it right up, good as new!

I'd be more interested if the ABS kicked on, if it didn't there is another issue to be discussed.

No way dude absolutely no way it ripped a part of the hood off you can’t see it in the picture but it ripped a part off there is no way I’m accepting that they do that it’s an absolute NO

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
So how is it my fault when the car in front slammed on there brakes and had already crashed into the car In front of it literally there was nothing I could have done I got scared and did the only thing I could have thought of and that was slamming on the brakes lesson here is don’t be an asshole to people because you weren’t there you didn’t see what happened I in fact have a witness that was in the car with me so I know what happened I am not making excuses your just being a damn douchebag for no reason.
Did you get rear ended or the guy behind you was able to stop?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Colombian Guy09

You need to face the hard reality that YOU were at fault for rear ending the guy in front of you..
Accidents happen.... but again your fault...

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

This is totally uncalled for.

OP described the events that caused the accident, provided photos of the damage, and asked for opinion if the vehicle would be a total loss. So let's stick with that.

Your opinion on who's at fault and if one should admit fault is neither requested nor required.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is totally uncalled for.

OP described the events that caused the accident, provided photos of the damage, and asked for opinion if the vehicle would be a total loss. So let's stick with that.

Your opinion on who's at fault and if one should admit fault is neither requested nor required.
Thank you that’s exactly my point I never asked is it my fault? and I never even blamed the other driver or made any excuses I just asked if people thought it was a TL or repairable.

OP
OP

Colombian Guy09

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Colombian Guy09

You need to face the hard reality that YOU were at fault for rear ending the guy in front of you..
Accidents happen.... but again your fault...
Yes whatever nothing else I could have done stop being a douchebag and an asshole I asked if it was a TL or repairable so if you can’t respond like the others telling me their opinion then just shut the hell up i don’t care if you think it’s my fault or not that’s not what I’m asking
Sponsored