2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Power Steering Failure

Mitchell

First Name
Mitchll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I bought a Jeep Rubicon 2019 in April, my third Rubicon in the last 10 years. When I drove it off of the lot, the engine light went on. I took it back to the dealer and they said they found no problems, the kept it for 2 days. Paid $59,000 and I could not even take it home. For the last month the power steering stops working intermittently. Sometimes this happens a few minutes after I start driving, sometimes it happens after 30 to 40 minutes. 3 days ago I was driving and the power steering stopped working. A few minutes later it came back on and the Jeep jerked over into another lane. Fortunately no one was in the lane next to me and I did not have an accident. Now when the Jeep autostops the engine at a stop light (Start-stop technology shuts down car engines at stoplights to save gas), the 2019 Jeep Rubicon does not restart when you remove your foot from the brake and apply gas. I took it to the dealer yesterday and I didn't even get a loaner vehicle. I wish I had kept my old Jeep. The 2019 Jeep Rubicon only has 1000 miles on it. Any guidance on this situation would be truly appreciated.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The first step is to check that all of your fuses are seated. Just open the fuse box and press down on every fuse, and you will feel many of them click into place. My jeep was built in March of '19 and about 70% of the fuses clicked into place, and a few people have cleared up minor electrical gremlins by doing this.

OP
OP

Mitchell

First Name
Mitchll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The first step is to check that all of your fuses are seated. Just open the fuse box and press down on every fuse, and you will feel many of them click into place. My jeep was built in March of '19 and about 70% of the fuses clicked into place, and a few people have cleared up minor electrical gremlins by doing this.
Thank you for the suggestion. The dealer says everything is caused by a faulty ground wire. I will take them at their word. I will keep this thread updated. In the dealers defense, they probably would of offered a loaner vehicle at some point.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I can vouch while not as severe as your issue, but I purchased in June a new 19 JLUR and got home and the Media port with all the USB and audio jacks was not working. Checked the fuse panel and there were some loose fuses. Seemed to clear it up and no issue since. Good luck, definitely frustrating when you pay that much $$.
Sponsored