Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiek27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2, Evo
I like many others made the trek to Detroit for the final weekend of the WPC museum. I had always wanted to go, but this was my first time. It was great seeing concepts I remembered as a kid (Sidewinder, Copperhead), and some of the older vehicles in the collection. It was also painful seeing some of the "what could have been" designs that we were robbed of for various reasons.

Driving around the FCA campus, I noticed a parking lot close to the museum that had FCA vehicles in it. At first glance from the main road, I noticed a few new Compasses. After circling around the other side, I began to notice a few interesting vehicles. I made a few passes, and finally got chased out to 75 by security. So attached are a few of the images my girlfriend was able to snap while I drove.

Jeep Wrangler JT pickup mule: As a Jeep guy, I was most excited about this. It clearly is a Wrangler mule. What I found most interesting was the lack of rear windows, and no rear door seams. I am thinking this might be a JT mule, but who knows. It really doesn't show a lot of anything, but I was geeked about it, haha! I wanted to circle back for another few pics, but security was not too thrilled with the three passes I had already made. (You can see the grill of the security van in pic #2 starting to make its move out of the lot to chase us)

I haven't had a Wrangler since I sold my 92 YJ back in 2003, so I am looking forward to this next gen. (Towing capacity under 5k keeps me out of the JKU, fingers crossed on at least a 5k rating on the JL/JT)

I just wanted to share. Again these mule shots don't give much away, but I thought you all might enjoy them. Still bummed about the museum closing, but maybe a new location will open in the future.

wranglerpickup1.jpg

wranglerpickup3.jpg

wranglerpickup2.jpg

wranglerpickup4.jpg
Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Wooo.. Looks like it could be a pickup mule with a soft cover attached?! Single doors only and the rest of the body is too long to be a 2 door model.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Nice snooping and great first post! That's definitely not a 2 or 4 door model from these angles.

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks for sharing.

Spare still mounted on the rear though :( Was really hoping for a side or undercarriage mount so the tailgate can swing down and not out.

Was hoping for something like this

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Pickup mule? {filename}

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Damn Jeep definitely going all in on the pickup truck with regular and crew/extended cab models huh. Watch out Ford and Toyota we're about to put some hurtin on your truck sales.

Sponsored

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
Any one else notice the leaf springs? This is defently a truck!

F1Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ
Awesome find man! I guess that answers where the spare tire will be mounted. It's really too bad the snow is acting as a second layer of camo lol.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Darn, got all excited. I thought that was only sold in certain countries. What's it doing here?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jb1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ Wrangler
Darn, got all excited. I thought that was only sold in certain countries. What's it doing here?
Could be to benchmark the 3.0 Ecodiesel? The J8 is a 2.8L turbo I4 diesel, I don't see why it would otherwise be brought to the states.

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango

Moparrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Cherokee
Man I flashed back to the 90s when I saw those leaf springs lol. Haven't seen those since YJ Wranglers and I don't think Ram trucks even use them anymore?

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Hoping for a crew cab pickup with a generous flat bed. The 4 door J8 with a longer "bed" would be great.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2019 Jeep Wrangler Pickup mule? {filename}
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.