Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Ordering Shows 3.0L CRD Diesel V6 (w/Manual Transmission?) and 3.6L BSG Engines!

ToolMonkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silveraldo 2500HD(Diesel)(Work), 2018 Traverse(High Country)(Daily Driver), 2012 Ninja 1000(Toy), Waiting on V6 Pentastar BDG JL(Toy)
Occupation
Construction, Self Employed
Why do you want this option?
That's a no brainer. More torque off the line to help with big tires, and better fuel efficiency, because it uses less power from the engine to move off the line, and I don't see any con's. Other then people on here not understanding it, and fearing it. You are crazy not to want it, that's like when a new sports car that's never had a super charger suddenly offers one, and people are like (oh no, I don't want more power).
That doesn't make Sense. BDG is a good thing.
Sponsored

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Does anyone have any new updates about the BSG? Is there solid evidence that it's not happening as scheduled?

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Does anyone have any new updates about the BSG? Is there solid evidence that it's not happening as scheduled?
Ha, I don't think even the heads at Jeep actually know at this point, seems like they are just flying by the seat of their pants hoping that they have at least one semi-functional build to sell year round.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Any news on order code 22? May buy a 18 next week.
My dealer told me diesel manual was code 22. He said this to me last week when we were chatting. He’s been selling jeeps for 20 years. But I have no written proof on this

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
My dealer told me diesel manual was code 22. He said this to me last week when we were chatting. He’s been selling jeeps for 20 years. But I have no written proof on this
With a manual?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm sure you're dealer is a great guy and super knowledgeable (for a dealer), but in my 30 years of experience of auto buying, I have come upon 1 clear and incontrovertible truth: dealers are idiots. What makes this worse is that soooooooo many people want a manual diesel, and dealers without a clue are getting their hopes up. Maybe it's true, but I have my doubts.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So the next question is, will the BSG replace the ESS or will both be available with the BSG being an upcharge? In the Ram, the 3.6 is only offered with the BSG whereas in the 5.7, both are offered.
I herd FCA's goal is to make 70% of all Wranglers with e-Torque…supposedly.

Sponsored

Jeepster Gal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang, Nissan Murano
Excitedly waiting to order the 2019 Sahara auto 3.6L with the BSG. Dealer says it is not available to order. Any ideas when this may be available to order?

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I've not researched new jeeps in about a year. I was expecting the Italian ecodiesel to be in Wrangler in August this year but that never happened. I thought that was a sure thing. There were some quality and design issues that I didn't like about the italian diesel so I'm kindof glad that didn't happen.

Now I'm hearing about possibility of this 3.0 CRD diesel. I'm leary that a diesel in wrangler will ever happen. I wanted the super low gearing of rubicon Tcase and manual 1st gear along with gobs of torque from diesel. But now sounds like manual is out for sure if we do get a diesel. I guess an automatic is better if it works as it should. Didn't the 2018 have issues where the auto would up shift at inopportune time when wanting to stay in low gear? Those are the things that concern me about having an auto. Is that still an issue with the automatics in the rubicon? If I got auto I'd definately get a cooler for it, low gear crawling all day can takes it's toll.

now I've got to research this BSG thing. I don't think I want it, but sounds interesting.

OpsWest

First Name
Ops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
interested* in a diesel for torque, range and safety (flash point) for certain scenarios regardless of transmission. Unfortunately dealers I contacted are saying no way to order as of today.

Last edited:

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
So I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but any news on order code 22?

If the leaks on the JT are true, I'm not too impressed and want to know what code 22 is before decide what if anything to do.