Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Ordering Shows 3.0L CRD Diesel V6 (w/Manual Transmission?) and 3.6L BSG Engines!

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Has anyone been able to order a diesel? My dealer said maybe 2021 before 3.0L hits the market.
I’m tired of waiting.
Wow that would be a heck of a delay after putting the order codes into the system.
Sponsored

Silver TT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Cayenne GTS, 23 Raptor 37, 23 M4 Cab, 23 Denali
Has anyone had a dealer confirm the 3.6L BSG will begin production soon? I am ready to order a 2019 and thinking I will wait for the BSG if only a few weeks / month or so.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Has anyone had a dealer confirm the 3.6L BSG will begin production soon? I am ready to order a 2019 and thinking I will wait for the BSG if only a few weeks / month or so.
I’ve heard November, someone that works there mentioned it somewhere in this forum.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Called my dealer to check on my 3.6 Rubicon 2019 and he was able to get in order a day before the option disappeared. Well he said the two orders were just bumped out, and he has been waiting to reorder. Says the Rubicon is only showing 2.0L still. Ugh! I really don’t want the 3.6L with BSG. Because many have said here the lithium battery will just be antoher problem. I honestly wish the 3.6 had more power off the line though...it’s a dog off the line compared to my JK 2013

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Called my dealer to check on my 3.6 Rubicon 2019 and he was able to get in order a day before the option disappeared. Well he said the two orders were just bumped out, and he has been waiting to reorder. Says the Rubicon is only showing 2.0L still. Ugh! I really don’t want the 3.6L with BSG. Because many have said here the lithium battery will just be antoher problem. I honestly wish the 3.6 had more power off the line though...it’s a dog off the line compared to my JK 2013
Are you referring to the manual 3.6?

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Are you referring to the manual 3.6?
nope the 3.6 automatic he ordered a day before Jeep removed the option to order.. He told me today it was kicked back and now he has to wait to reorder, when it’s available for the Rubicon. One other order was effected here as well. Ugh. Just wonder if anyone else has got this news today

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
ugh, what are they hiding with code 22. I gotta know, it influences my purchase of a JL or wait for scrambler.

TurboTJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I read they were working on one. I love inline sixes, I’d be game.
That would be amazing. The I6 is arguably the greatest engine ever. Naturally harmonically balanced, simple and reliable. This is why so many from Cummins to BMW to the Nissan Skyline used it.

One of the often overlooked issues in the age-old gas vs diesel debate is the response of each to payload and tire choice. It is a well known fact that diesel trucks drop mpg’s less precipitously than gas trucks under load and with larger tires. Obviously this trend hasn’t been replicated with production wranglers yet (some of us have been waiting for a CRD wrangler since the early JK days when the rumors began), but it’s essentially a guarantee to be the same. Given the amount of weight most of us tend to load onto our wranglers permanently, the real world fuel efficiency upside of the 3.0 is likely to be significantly larger than the EPA figures suggest. I’ll be glad to report back some hard comparison figures when I trade my ‘18 JLUR for a ‘19 JLURD, but if the fuel range increases as expected, the 3.0 surcharge will be worth every cent up here in AK. Hell I’d pay it just for 442 lb-ft at 2000rpm.
Well said. This is my thinking exactly. We will all be adding permanent weight with our mods plus luggage and people. This is what diesels excel at.

Has anyone been able to order a diesel? My dealer said maybe 2021 before 3.0L hits the market.
I’m tired of waiting.
I have heard this constantly. All dealers try to say it’s not happening in order to get a sale today. Mine said, “the eco diesel? That’s a boat engine. Why would you want a boat engine”. Bottom line, most don’t have a clue.

Any word from our source in the last week?? I want this thing BAD!

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR Mojito!
UPDATE 9/26/18:

2019MY JL Wrangler Sahara 24G and the Rubicon 24R have been turned off from ordering until further notice.

(No reason provided)
Starting to seem like this is continuing. Any new word on why?

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Quadratec posted an article on 9/25/2018 where they mention 4 engine options. So here's to hoping they offer the 3.6 without the BSG. I really don't want to have to deal with a 48v system. It just sounds expensive.

https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/asdf

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Any update on the diesel with a manual transmission? Will it be a thing. There is a 2018 3.6 manual near me that's very tempting.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you want this option?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Why do you want this option?
BSG does 3 things I want it for: 1) Decreases fuel consumption; 2) Increases off-the-line performance; 3) Makes the obligatory ESS far easier to live with. Jeep lifetime warranty will cover any additional long term costs (maybe not the 48v Li battery, but we'll see).

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
BSG does 3 things I want it for: 1) Decreases fuel consumption; 2) Increases off-the-line performance; 3) Makes the obligatory ESS far easier to live with. Jeep lifetime warranty will cover any additional long term costs (maybe not the 48v Li battery, but we'll see).
my take on BSG. .. i dont want it, i dont want a battery which caused fires in the past underneath my jeep. i dont want the 48 volt battery at all and i dont want this mailbox looking thing attached to the front of my motor.. my plans are to order a 2 door rubicon base with 6 speed. bsg being added might be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. below is picture of bsg mailbox on a hemi (i think thats a hemi). this stuff has its place and im all for it in its place. i actually think the prius is a cool car for what it is. but a jeep needs to be simpler.

RAM-Mild-Hybrid-eTorque.jpg
Sponsored