Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Ordering Shows 3.0L CRD Diesel V6 (w/Manual Transmission?) and 3.6L BSG Engines!

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
So I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but any news on order code 22?

If the leaks on the JT are true, I'm not too impressed and want to know what code 22 is before decide what if anything to do.

I'm with you. I passed up a good deal on a 18 sport S ti wait and see if new news comes out on this. I imagine we should know by the end of the month as all details will come out at the LA autoshow.
Sponsored

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Tomorrow is the auto show, lets hope someone from the press beats an answer or two out of the jeep reps.

OK_Sooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I plan on ordering a 2019 JL Rubicon very soon. For what it's worth, I contacted a dealer in Houston yesterday and asked about the V6 BSG and the response I got was "I have heard that they will be available soon. I haven't received an exact date but they are on the horizon".

So who knows. I'd like to see this new engine before i put my order in.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
How about code 26

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably no updates till EJS . I have given up hoping jeep will clear anything up any time soon.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Jeep just unveiled the 2020 gladiator pickup truck it has no BSG and no diesel option until 2020. Feels odd that jeep would not announce BSG on the gladiator since it doesn’t go into production till next March. BSG would also seem more at home in the jeep truck since it’s in the Dodge truck already. But who knows

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Lots of new potentially exciting upgrades / options engine-choices on the horizon - distant horizon I suspect (2020>?).
All I can say is; after test driving the BSG in the RAM DT V6 - I liked it ! But that doesn't mean I'd like how jeep implements IT in a JLU 3.6 ! If it turns out anything like the 2.0, then sorry NOT for me ! I hope it will be offered only as an upgrade option, with the 3.6 ESS the standard engine ! The current 3.6 ESS is nothing to write home about, but it certainly is less complex - I do wish they could improve the 2nd ESS-battery though, based on my experience with my 2016 WK2 !
Perhaps maybe we'll see more of this at Detroit or no later than New York !? Until I heard of all this 3.6 eTorque stuff, I was/am planning on putting in an order (JLU) in the Early Spring, just in time for my Birthday (whoopee !). Seems the longer I wait the more complicated the choice becomes . . . ? :surprised: :fingerscrossed:

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kinda a thread revival but i'm guessing jeep just kinda let order code 22 die with zero info?

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
kinda a thread revival but i'm guessing jeep just kinda let order code 22 die with zero info?
Yes fuckers. I got JL rubicon last year and am currently considering the gladiator. It I’ll be pissed if I get the gladiator now and then the diesel drops shortly after. Kinda stuck

Chadecoen

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Still nothing? Keep reading about pretty darn good deals being had on JLs right now. Wishing I would have just hung on to my '15 until the diesel actually arrives. Wondering if I should just stop wishing and and waiting and go ahead and get another. But wasn't there was good news recently on the ram ecodiesel, which keeps me hopeful wrangler is next???
Sponsored