Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Ordering Shows 3.0L CRD Diesel V6 (w/Manual Transmission?) and 3.6L BSG Engines!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Any new info from anyone? @JlEngineline have you seen anything?

I am curious as a lot of the aftermarket sites are now listing the 3.0 as an engine choice, same as on some Mopar sites for parts. When showing what models a part # works with the 2019 and 3.0 is listed. I have run into that a few times and figured it was just wishful thinking.

I am at a crossroads with mine, and would consider making the switch from my 2019 3.6 to the 3.0 if it can be ordered anytime before fall.
Sponsored

Bluesey

First Name
Zander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara 2.2
UPDATE 9/26/18:

2019MY JL Wrangler Sahara 24G and the Rubicon 24R have been turned off from ordering until further notice.

(No reason provided)

UPDATE:

100% Confirmed - "26" order code = 2019 JL 3.0L V6 CRD (diesel) with ESS + 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission! No ETA on release date.

Now about that mysterious code "22" ... Could it be a 6-speed manual CRD? (We have thus far been unable to confirm). It may be wishful thinking but we have our fingers crossed. One thing is for sure - it is unlikely to be a special edition model since it would not be on all 3 trim levels.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current ordering status of various trims as of 9/18/18.

NOTE THE NEW TRIMS CODE 22, 25 & 26! :like:

2019_JL_Ordering_09_18_2018.jpg

• Green is wide open ordering, maximum availability for plant production capacity for the allocation period.
  • Yellow means order banks are filling up and will soon reach maximum (Red) and close
  • Red means capacity has been reached and orders are closed until the following month when order banks re-open (typically the 2nd Thursday of each month, give or take a day or two).
  • October banks open on the 10th
  • November banks open on the 9th

JLJL72 - Wrangler Sport
JLJS72 - Wrangler Rubicon
JLJL74 - Wrangler Unlimited Sport
JLJP74 - Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
JLJS74 - Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

22B - TBD
23B - Sport, 3.6L with 6-speed manual
24B - Sport, 3.6L with 8-speed auto
25B - Sport, 3.6L BSG (Belt Start Generator)
26B - Sport, 3.0L with 8-speed auto (confirmed)

28B - Sport, 2.0L with 8-speed auto

22S - TBD
23S - Sport S, 3.6L with 6-speed manual
24S - Sport S, 3.6L with 8-speed auto
25S - Sport S, 3.6L BSG (Belt Start Generator)
28S - Sport S, 2.0L with 8-speed auto

22G - TBD
23G - Sahara, 3.6L with 6-speed manual
24G - Sahara, 3.6L with 8-speed auto
24M - Sahara Moab, 3.6L with 8-speed auto
25G - Sahara - 3.6L BSG (Belt Start Generator)
26G - Sahara, 3.0L with 8-speed auto (confirmed)

28G - Sahara, 2.0L with 8-speed auto

22R - TBD
23R - Rubicon, 3.6L with 6-speed manual
24R - Rubicon, 3.6L with 8-speed auto
25R - Rubicon - 3.6L BSG (Belt Start Generator)
26R - Rubicon, 3.0L with 8-speed auto (confirmed)

28R - Rubicon, 2.0L with 8-speed auto
Code 22 I'm guessing is the 2.2 crd I have just bout mated with the 8 speed in Europe .

Bluesey

First Name
Zander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara 2.2
Wonder what that Diesel will set one back at. Have never had a diesel where you had to put DEF in though. Does that fluid last a while?
Hey buddy .We have all these things in Europe .20 litres lasts mine something like 3500 miles .as an additive on my 2.2 CRD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Any new info from anyone? @JlEngineline have you seen anything?

I am curious as a lot of the aftermarket sites are now listing the 3.0 as an engine choice, same as on some Mopar sites for parts. When showing what models a part # works with the 2019 and 3.0 is listed. I have run into that a few times and figured it was just wishful thinking.

I am at a crossroads with mine, and would consider making the switch from my 2019 3.6 to the 3.0 if it can be ordered anytime before fall.
Ram exec mentioned “later this year” for the 1500’s 3.0 release at the NYIAS. Don’t expect JL 3.0 orders to open before the end of Summer or deliveries until mid-Fall at the earliest. It may well be a 2020MY by the time they roll onto dealer lots.

Chadecoen

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
And am I reading that chart right, no diesel on a 2 door model? With all of the rumors and mis-direction any chance the chart isn't written in stone either?

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
And am I reading that chart right, no diesel on a 2 door model? With all of the rumors and mis-direction any chance the chart isn't written in stone either?
That chart is from 2018, for 2019 MY.

It turned out to be inaccurate as the 3.6 E-Torque and 3.0 EcoDiesel never materialized.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it's that simple but I don't think anyone really knows when FCA will officially put the diesel on the order banks for the Wrangler let alone why it's not already offered.
The Grand Cherokee had it for 2018, then removed for 2019. As of now it still is not available on that platform either. I would expect the 3.0 to be back in the Grand Cherokee before it hits the Wrangler.

The more I look into it, I am not sure I would go the 3.0 anymore. It looks like the def tank will impact departure angles, or at least add a new drag spot, and without seeing how the resolved the regen cycle I am not sure if it would work for my use. There are trip I may put 500+ miles on it and not hit a highway or do any extended driving over 45 mph for any amount of time. If that would be an issue then the 3.0 would not work for me.

I hope it has been figured out, and the capability (approach, departure and ground clearance) was not impacted but at this point I don't have the information to know for sure.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
The Grand Cherokee had it for 2018, then removed for 2019. As of now it still is not available on that platform either. I would expect the 3.0 to be back in the Grand Cherokee before it hits the Wrangler.

The more I look into it, I am not sure I would go the 3.0 anymore. It looks like the def tank will impact departure angles, or at least add a new drag spot, and without seeing how the resolved the regen cycle I am not sure if it would work for my use. There are trip I may put 500+ miles on it and not hit a highway or do any extended driving over 45 mph for any amount of time. If that would be an issue then the 3.0 would not work for me.

I hope it has been figured out, and the capability (approach, departure and ground clearance) was not impacted but at this point I don't have the information to know for sure.

All good points.

For us, we are holding out for the diesel because we have three vehicles now, a Gen II and Gen III Cummins and a 15 year old MB E320 wagon. As soon as the diesel Wrangler is available we will sell the wagon to replace it with the Wrangler as the "daily driver" and tow behind for our every other year mega-roadtrips in the truck camper.

The goal there is having the same fuel type for all the rigs, as well as the distance per tankful in the Wrangler for bushwhacking here in Alaska. "Rock Crawling" will be rare on the menu.

Once the warranty is up the Wrangler will accidentally loose all the choking crap via delete.