Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I drove a 2.0 Etorque for a month and hated it. Trans always seemed to be working overtime to keep the engine in its narrow 3800-5500rpm sweet spot which made it feel a little awkward.

I absolutely adore the auto in the 3.6. It drives totally different.
I also love the V6 Auto in my Sahara.
Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
Unless you own it, pay for it, maintain it and so on, it is just a test drive. Even if it is six months. Lucky you that get paid for telling people what they want to hear. The rest of us, we live it. We love it. Because it's a lifestyle for us, we will be there with our JLs, JTs ,JKs, TJs and so on. You might get to go drive a Toyota of sorts, but we will be sticking to our Wranglers. In my humble opinion, the best vehicle on the face of the earth. It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand...

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I'm actually quite pleased with my auto 8spd 3.6. One of the better shifting transmissions I've owned. The only thing I notice is that it sometimes will hunt between 7/8 on a slight grade. Now about the steering... their assessment is justified. Around town I don't notice it, but on a longer freeway run let's just say you need to be involved! I've gotten used to it, but I do wish it was tighter and tracked a little better.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
This is KBB who apparently use human beings to review their cars instead of algorithms. Wait for a Consumer Reports review; they’re the ones who will bash it (if they haven’t already).
Consumer Reports said the Wrangler with the V6 auto has one of the best engine and transmission combinations in the industry. Then of course they continued to bash everything else about the Wrangler, but they did like the tranny.
Sponsored