2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect Problems

RedJeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Audi A3, Ford Explorer
I just bought a used 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unl Sport JL. Love it but occassionally when trying to connect my iPhone via bluetooth or cable it sometimes "shorts out" with a big crack noise and the screen goes black. It resets the time. This seems like a known issue and I've scheduled to take it in. Anyone know if there is a fix for this problem
Sponsored

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
Assuming you have the 5 inch head unit? I have the same issue along with many others. They're most likely going replace your head unit with another one but it won't solve the issue. I think many have raised this as a known problem but it doesn't look like there will be anything done about it.

Some have upgraded their head units to the 7 inch or 8.4 inch models. Seems like there are other issues with those as well and dealerships will refuse to help.

Personally I'm waiting for an affordable aftermarket solution and have given up trying to make the most out of the garbage that is unconnect.

OP
OP

RedJeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Audi A3, Ford Explorer
Assuming you have the 5 inch head unit? I have the same issue along with many others. They're most likely going replace your head unit with another one but it won't solve the issue. I think many have raised this as a known problem but it doesn't look like there will be anything done about it.

Some have upgraded their head units to the 7 inch or 8.4 inch models. Seems like there are other issues with those as well and dealerships will refuse to help.

Personally I'm waiting for an affordable aftermarket solution and have given up trying to make the most out of the garbage that is unconnect.
Yes, the 5 in. It seems to work ok otherwise. Seems like this should be an easy fix. Ill see what the dealership says.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Yeah the 5" Uconnect is a giant pile of shit. Doesn't keep accurate time either. I'm also waiting for a decent aftermarket solution. Maybe will spring for the insane audio unit once they fix all the bugs.
Sponsored