Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Id like to get his opinion, maybe the quality interior or ride or something. Just noticed that theres a lot of Imports that are buying the new stuff like the JLs and 2019 rams.....says something for the new stuff doesn't it?
European car fans find comfort in FCA products, because they provide the poor reliability and high repair costs that we apparently crave.
Sponsored

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
European car fans find comfort in FCA products, because they provide the poor reliability and high repair costs that we apparently crave.
LOL

Honestly my 2019 Jeep JL has been solid...…….new ram only 3k on it but zero issues

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I hate ACC. In some conditions its ok but in a lot its not. I hate that it slows down TOO MUCH right away and will not pick up back up quick enough. For example. Your on the right lane going 70mph and theres a vehicle behind you going 70mph. If a car quickly comes on to your lane at turtle speed of say 40mph and slows down your ACC will almost hit the brakes and you slow down to a crawl. Meanwhile the 70mph vehicle behind you is about to ram the crap out of you. Moral of the story, its better to just pay attention to the road and do the actual driving. This especially happens when people are coming on to the High Way. Its better use to move over and maintain your actual Cruise Control speed.

And Last. When did Jeep owners become such pansies that want all these AUTO WIPERS, ACC, and AUTO Hi-Beams crap.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, because the only problem I've ever had with any Chrysler product was with the Mercedes built transmission in my Ram 1500.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
I hate ACC. In some conditions its ok but in a lot its not. I hate that it slows down TOO MUCH right away and will not pick up back up quick enough. For example. Your on the right lane going 70mph and theres a vehicle behind you going 70mph. If a car quickly comes on to your lane at turtle speed of say 40mph and slows down your ACC will almost hit the brakes and you slow down to a crawl. Meanwhile the 70mph vehicle behind you is about to ram the crap out of you. Moral of the story, its better to just pay attention to the road and do the actual driving. This especially happens when people are coming on to the High Way. Its better use to move over and maintain your actual Cruise Control speed.

And Last. When did Jeep owners become such pansies that want all these AUTO WIPERS, ACC, and AUTO Hi-Beams crap.
Welcome to the future :) Modern day folks that use their Jeeps as DDs, I mean if I look back 5-10 years ago MAYBE I saw 4-5 jeeps per day, now theres about 15% of the vehicles on the road that are Wranglers, the one complaint most people had was that they were not Highway Road friendly, which is true, I get on the highway and run into plenty of older jeeps doing about 70% of the speed limit, there's a reason for that.

NOW on ACC I do agree about the slow pickup for acceleration but that's more "Fuel Economy" related and you can simply hit the gas, I know I never said I'm not willing to hit the gas, I like it to adjust for bumper to bumper traffic, save you from gas break gas break gas break, in the new ram yeah I've had to hit the gas to speed up or in some cases pass cars, just states Driver Override and it auto resumes once you do your thing so I'm not sure how this changes to paying and not paying attention, the computers are just faster and can predict or think of a parent with screaming kids that takes their eyes off the road for a moment and some moron reading their one night stands text pulls in front of them, in this case explain how "being human" and this example is something that happens to all, even the best drivers

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
True. I just worry that these types of features will slow train people to become worse drivers. Meaning they remove 50% of their concentration because they assume the vehicle will do everything for them.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
True. I just worry that these types of features will slow train people to become worse drivers. Meaning they remove 50% of their concentration because they assume the vehicle will do everything for them.
We're well into that phase, people have been distracted by cell phones for 20+ years now, even without the benefits of adaptive cruise control and other safety features.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Oh shit absolutely, my new ram I did 6.5 hour drive (each way). I used ACC the entire way and I can tell you in busy areas with well known "distracted drivers" it helped a lot. My thinking is that it sees and assists me, its making guessing, that car to my right side is getting close and throws an alarm (Yeah I saw them but the beeping reminds me to pay additional attention to the guy HOLDING AN IPAD OVER HIS STEERING WHEEL lol).

No to the shit drivers, these things MAY save or lessen the impact of an accident to someone else where maybe they would have died, and no they just have physio for a year...…..In a Jeep I'm a bit less protected from other peoples "stupid" I want to enjoy my life and have fun, knowing that dumb shit with an ipad doesn't give a shit about anyone around him, if his car would auto stop or break, that could potentially save me from a tbone that kills my kid or wife or something ya know? All this stuff is there to "lessen" the chance or improve the chance of someone surviving. I honestly see your point, but I'm applying it to all, jeeps are no longer just for us choice few, i see more jeeps Mall Crawling than i do off road and Id hate to see a mom with two kids out there someday rear end a car because some tard wanted to see a text then noticed they may ass end a car, jam on their breaks and the mom with two kids behind him was dealing with a "Kidergency" then she finds herself or her kids in a life threatening injury :) that's my two cents

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Ya I can see how that is beneficial. Better to be hit by a distracted driver at 50 or so MPH versus 70+. I see your point. valid.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
We're well into that phase, people have been distracted by cell phones for 20+ years now, even without the benefits of adaptive cruise control and other safety features.
Yup and the saying is "You cant fix stupid" but you can design things to help lessen or assist in preventing it ie ACC is one of those ;) As I said before, Harley rider and theres days some idiot makes me not want to ride, one day this lady was applying makeup, ok I get it women do that, she was beside me, i had an 18 wheeler behind me, there was a car in front of her and three in front of me, she veered into my lane taking about 85% of it, i was then in the oncoming traffic lane, luckily i just sped up and avoided everything but that's an example of "F**KING RETARD", a guy in a mopad would have been f'ed because I had to give my ride full throttle and avoid oncoming traffic......but if her car had alarms or something it would have warned her HEY IDIOT DANGER

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup and the saying is "You cant fix stupid" but you can design things to help lessen or assist in preventing it ie ACC is one of those ;) As I said before, Harley rider and theres days some idiot makes me not want to ride, one day this lady was applying makeup, ok I get it women do that, she was beside me, i had an 18 wheeler behind me, there was a car in front of her and three in front of me, she veered into my lane taking about 85% of it, i was then in the oncoming traffic lane, luckily i just sped up and avoided everything but that's an example of "F**KING RETARD", a guy in a mopad would have been f'ed because I had to give my ride full throttle and avoid oncoming traffic......but if her car had alarms or something it would have warned her HEY IDIOT DANGER
I agree, helpful but not 100% preventative. I've had at least one pull out in front of me on my bike... good think I'm the one paying attention when I ride.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I agree, helpful but not 100% preventative. I've had at least one pull out in front of me on my bike... good think I'm the one paying attention when I ride.
I've also never had an accident, I did have an old women in a VM bug run into me once (She said she was trying to get her pug to pay attention, I was in an F150 and she only hit my trailer hitch, zero damage, and on the vw her hood was f'd, a second where a young woman ran into the back of me and came out crying with lipstick up the side of her cheek, she admitted to applying lipstick and didn't notice I WAS STOPPED at a red light, and a third young guy again hit the rear end very light and he said his GF was fighting with him on his cell phone...… this is where ACC and Front End Collision and Auto braking would have had all three incidents not occur and as you can see, these people are just being human, stupid AF human but you cant tell me not ONCE in your life you were distracted and had a moment where you said OF, once my dog literally all of a sudden PUKED on me while driving and that caused me to puke lol no cars were around, back dirt road but I can imagine if I was on a busy highway and this happened).

For my, wifey in jeep, shes one of those cautious slower moving drivers who has tunnel vision never unlocking herself from looking forward, she came home one day almost crying over an Asian lady who thought she was going to turn and just instantly pulled in front of her an she had to jam the break and went over onto the side walk, no one was hurt but another example of ACC or auto braking would have helped her not take a heart attack and force me to drive her around for a couple days while her nerves collected.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've also never had an accident, I did have an old women in a VM bug run into me once (She said she was trying to get her pug to pay attention, I was in an F150 and she only hit my trailer hitch, zero damage, and on the vw her hood was f'd, a second where a young woman ran into the back of me and came out crying with lipstick up the side of her cheek, she admitted to applying lipstick and didn't notice I WAS STOPPED at a red light, and a third young guy again hit the rear end very light and he said his GF was fighting with him on his cell phone...… this is where ACC and Front End Collision and Auto braking would have had all three incidents not occur and as you can see, these people are just being human, stupid AF human but you cant tell me not ONCE in your life you were distracted and had a moment where you said OF, once my dog literally all of a sudden PUKED on me while driving and that caused me to puke lol no cars were around, back dirt road but I can imagine if I was on a busy highway and this happened).

For my, wifey in jeep, shes one of those cautious slower moving drivers who has tunnel vision never unlocking herself from looking forward, she came home one day almost crying over an Asian lady who thought she was going to turn and just instantly pulled in front of her an she had to jam the break and went over onto the side walk, no one was hurt but another example of ACC or auto braking would have helped her not take a heart attack and force me to drive her around for a couple days while her nerves collected.

How many of these incidents involved vehicles new enough to have automatic emergency braking? I wrecked my 1992 Saturn when I was in High School, being an overconfident teenager, and that was before this was even available on the high end Lexus and Cadillac models. Then about 6 years ago when I was rear ended in my Dakota it was by an early 90s Nissan Pickup.

Now the woman that pulled out in front of me as I was riding the Yamaha to work was in a Mercedes that should have had cross path detection, but I'm not sure how far out it scans.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
You guys maybe wanna start your own thread of personal insults or should this thread be considered permanently jacked?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don’t understand the resistance to this since you can turn it off or adjust the settings. Guess airbags and seat belts were resisted initially too. Considering the number of accidents that could be prevented this will probably be required within the next 3 years. I’m not so worried about me bc I am a fairly active driver, but seems like everyone else is on their phone nowadays.
LOL, or just not buy it cuz it's an OPTION people. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
Sponsored