Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
P.S. Mojito is an awful color. Reminds me of that 1999 Jalapeno Pepper color Ford used on the Ranger pickup. Just... ick. There are SO many greens they could have gone with. And the one they pick looks like Kermit the frog covered in glitter? C'mon man.
Well we all know what they say about opinions lol, but this is why a variety of colors should be offered on a Wrangler. I am sure it is a polarizing color but I have gotten TONS of compliments and positive reactions with it. I can see the resemblance to the 99 Ford Ranger...they are not the same but the reason why it didn't work on it is because it is a Ford Ranger. Exciting/bold colors rarely work on boring cars.

Cheers
Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Like "hmmm... .that's FRIGGEN awesome!"
Love the grille on that, anyone know how that would look on Sting Gray?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
OK, sorry guys, been busy. I work at a CDJR dealer and we just got the paint guides for 2019 on Tuesday. I could post the whole color guide but it is real simple. Wrangler is code #3, the Renegade is code #5 for Bikini. ALL the 2018 colors have carried over EXCEPT Mojito. So obviously they replaced Mojito with Bikini. In my several years of selling, this paint chip guide does not reflect colors that will be "late availability" and will not show "early run" colors that will disappear (i.e. Nacho).
What does the bikini actually look like to you? It's hard to tell from that picture?

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Well, I was dead wrong. I predicted Bikini to be the old and horrible "Rock Lobster" pink from a few years ago.

Instead, it's the "1990s called and they want their most popular vehicle color back" turquoise.

Oh well, it could be worse.

P.S. Mojito is an awful color. Reminds me of that 1999 Jalapeno Pepper color Ford used on the Ranger pickup. Just... ick. There are SO many greens they could have gone with. And the one they pick looks like Kermit the frog covered in glitter? C'mon man.

I've had my Mojito for basically a month, and thus far have had three days (that's THREE TOTAL DAYS) where someone hasn't physically stopped me to talk to me about the color. In a parking lot... A drive through... Near my house...

So... You're welcome to have your opinion on the color. Even if it's wrong.

:)

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase

Gospeed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looks like an Aquamarine to me. Paint chips never really capture the true essence of the color!

RialbSelur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I've looked, but can't seem to find anyone who's commented on the absence of a tan cloth interior for the Rubicon. I don't get why they only offer the black. Hopefully, that gets changed for 2019. Also, allowing us to specify dash color would be nice, but if not, and we change the seat color to tan, don't change the dash to gray. What's up with that?

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I knew someone with a real car once. He was color blind.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Looks like an Aquamarine to me. Paint chips never really capture the true essence of the color!
But no Mojito. I’m going to place my order for a 2018 now. I want that green. Hopefully they don’t close ordering before the weekend.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
I've looked, but can't seem to find anyone who's commented on the absence of a tan cloth interior for the Rubicon. I don't get why they only offer the black. Hopefully, that gets changed for 2019. Also, allowing us to specify dash color would be nice, but if not, and we change the seat color to tan, don't change the dash to gray. What's up with that?
Getting tan is an option. Why would you think it’s not?

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Getting tan is an option. Why would you think it’s not?
When I ordered tan cloth was not available on the Rubicon. Tan leather was available and that is what I ordered but I would have seriously considered the tan cloth if it were an option. Maybe that has changed?

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
I'm sad to hear about the Mojito color option not carrying over into 2019. I feel like it took forever to actually start being available as a color to begin with. They weren't kidding when they said limited run.

Personally just going off the picture of that paint chip, not a fan of Bikini color. But it's one thing to look at it on a tiny square and another to see it on the Jeep itself, so I guess we'll see in due time

ember_season

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
When I ordered tan cloth was not available on the Rubicon. Tan leather was available and that is what I ordered but I would have seriously considered the tan cloth if it were an option. Maybe that has changed?
No you're right tan is only available in leather on the rubicon
Sponsored