Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
It was my understanding that they can’t put ACC and FCW in the Wrangler because the cameras/sensors wouldn’t work with the windshield down.
Now, that was the comment from a reviewer on YouTube after attending the release/test drive in CO in the spring. Pretty sure it’s illegal to drive with you window down on public roads isn’t it? So it wouldn’t matter?
Sponsored

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Also, on the JT, will they offer a two door model? It just looks too long in a four door setup.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It was my understanding that they can’t put ACC and FCW in the Wrangler because the cameras/sensors wouldn’t work with the windshield down.
Now, that was the comment from a reviewer on YouTube after attending the release/test drive in CO in the spring. Pretty sure it’s illegal to drive with you window down on public roads isn’t it? So it wouldn’t matter?
I think you’re off here. Multiple sources confirming ACC in 2019.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
From spy pics it looks like it's on the rearview mirror, which stays in place when the windshield is down.

As for legality, I'm assuming it depends on your locale.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
where did you find this pic?

Thanks everyone for the updates on what's to come!
Jeep posted this on their facebook page a few days ago. The headline was "Rock On", maybe hinting at a hard rock edition? But if it is a pre production model why would they post the photo now but idk...

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Another thread somewhere in this forum has a member saying someone they know or a friend or something (can't remember exactly) informed them that Selec-Trac would be available on Rubis in 2019.

I mentioned 2 features that I said I "really" want - but really, it's three :) My first order was a Sahara, just b/c I wanted Selec-Trac. Then, wife and I decided she would be fine to "tough it out" and manually switch in to 4WD when needed (placed order for a Rubi). Selec-Trac would be preferred, though, for our Ohio winters!

Anyone heard anything to back up claims of Selec-Trac on 2019 Rubis?

FallenSamurai

First Name
Fallen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Jeep posted this on their facebook page a few days ago. The headline was "Rock On", maybe hinting at a hard rock edition? But if it is a pre production model why would they post the photo now but idk...
Probably just as a promotional/marketing photo. Who knows. I wouldn't read to much into "rock on".

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition
This is great news. Source?
Mopar released the statement earlier this year. I think they said something post Detroit Auto Show when it was announced that the donut half doors were not going into production.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We are a few months out from being able to order a 2019. I've been planning to order as soon as they open. Is it normal to be this close and there be virtually no new information? Rather that is color, or options (really want to see the KeyFob shrink).

Any realistic chance of this getting delayed or is it likely to be identical with just M/Y being a 19?

Sponsored

buckscop

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jku Sahara, Firecracker Red, Safety gp, Soft top only, 8" Nav, LED's, V6, 8 speed auto, ordered 9/28, received 12/13
Occupation
Retired (LEO)

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
What's on the side of the mirror? I saw something like that in a prototype, but no explanation. Additional turn signal? Original blind-spot detection?
I assumed a sensor as well, my gf's car has something similar for her blind spot monitor

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
What's on the side of the mirror? I saw something like that in a prototype, but no explanation. Additional turn signal? Original blind-spot detection?
Yeah, that's where the turn signal repeater is on the European model. Just saw it on the recently posted Camp Jeep Europe pics.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Following for updates....
Sponsored