Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I would guess bikini means two tone color scheme.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Definitely interested in ACC, but a stick shift will surely deprive it of some of its utility, if the two are offered together at all.

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I would also like to see another color other than red available in the Rubi interior dash. I think a blue would go good with the Granite I’m wanting

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Ug. I hate the forward collision warning on the wife’s car. It’s just a beeping nightmare in stop and go traffic. Anyone cuts you off- beep beep beep! No thank you!
I think they added it so that the guys without wives wouldn't feel left out by not being nagged at.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Definitely interested in ACC, but a stick shift will surely deprive it of some of its utility, if the two are offered together at all.
I have it on a manual transmission car (6 speed). If you’re using it as intended, it’s not problematic. The main complaints that people usually have are by people who are only looking just beyond their front bumpers when they drive instead of 15-20 seconds ahead and people who follow the car ahead of them too closely. It’s not made for every situation, but it’s great for freeway cruising.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Ug. I hate the forward collision warning on the wife’s car. It’s just a beeping nightmare in stop and go traffic. Anyone cuts you off- beep beep beep! No thank you!
Turn the beeps off and change the setting to be close rather than far away. I don't have any beeps in heavy traffic in my charger nor the 2013 300 I had.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Not me - i commute 70 miles round trip each day. ACC is the ONLY thing I miss while driving my JLUR.

Now - the question is will they put it in a Rubi or only Sahara?

If it is there and the diesel - I will definitely be upgrading (crap - gonna be a lot of work moving over the accessories)

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Utilizing ACC doesn't relieve you from the obligation of knowing how fast you are going and what the people on the road around you are doing. Sorry but at 70+ mph you should not be so zoned out you dont realize you have lost almost 10 mph of speed. That is a problem of people relying on electronic nannies and turning off their own senses.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I'm betting that Bikini is the old Furious Fuschia color.

BikiniJK.jpg
This would be awesome and IMO, long overdue, much like purple was.

They should drop Mojito and swap it for Sarge Green
Green with Envy was a 1 year only color on the Challenger. Selfishly I’m hoping they drop it so that my Mojito Green is a rare color. Perhaps Bikini will be the replacement color.

I would guess bikini means two tone color scheme.
That’s an interesting thought. Perhaps a white top on Furious Fuschia, sort of like what they did with Chief! Or with white fenders similar to the Jeepster concept they showed for the 2018 Easter Jeep Safari.

EE95B5F0-6A15-49D4-BEF8-1CD0EA378A93.jpeg

Sponsored

JLJeepDoc2018

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited(4 door) Bright White 2018 Sport S, soft top V6
This would be awesome and IMO, long overdue, much like purple was.

Green with Envy was a 1 year only color on the Challenger. Selfishly I’m hoping they drop it so that my Mojito Green is a rare color. Perhaps Bikini will be the replacement color.

That’s an interesting thought. Perhaps a white top on Furious Fuschia, sort of like what they did with Chief! Or with white fenders similar to the Jeepster concept they showed for the 2018 Easter Jeep Safari.
More than likely will have huge headlights with high beams on all the time, and always topless.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
It's been a long time since I've seen them, so my memory is a bit sketchy on it... And Jeeps back then didn't seem to stay factory issue for very long, so I have no idea whether they were a factory or aftermarket product.

Another issue might be whether a factory hard top was even offered back then. If a factory hard top was not offered, then probably only the half door were offered and as such a full door with sliding windows would have been more likely an aftermarket option.
Sliding windows were aftermarket.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
So glad I waited!
Bring on the ACC.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Ventilated seats would be a huge plus. Don’t understand why that was never an option. Top off in the summer i imagine they get really hot. Ventilated seats seems like a must.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Ventilated seats would be a huge plus. Don’t understand why that was never an option. Top off in the summer i imagine they get really hot. Ventilated seats seems like a must.
Simple- water proofing. It’s a Jeep, so that is likely never coming into the mix.
Sponsored