Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'm not sure if you're being funny Scott....although Pink would be the most appropriate color for female attire...

Talking seriously: I just don't see how the marketing numbers would be there for such a stock color. I could be wrong.
Look at the JK coming in extreme purple. Jeeps are supposed to come in ridiculous colors. Though I'd love it to be a Tiffany blue.
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
What? They're not giving us yet another shade of *gray*???

White, Silver, Sting Gray, Granite, Black...

Surely, they could have found yet another shade of gray to fit in there...

Last edited:

MattP725

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion (Future Hopeful JL Owner)
Wonder how the ACC will play with aftermarket or steel bumpers?

I crashed my 2014 Grand Cherokee equipped with this, and that glass eyeball radar thing in the front. Getting that repaired was a huge pain. Just a slight misalignment would throw off the radar. It took several trips to the dealer and calibrations to get it working right again.

I'm assuming it won't be compatible with aftermarket bumpers, unless they are really innovative and put it higher in the grill.
On most cars, its easier to put it behind the rear view mirror which would eliminate that issue. Obviously if you're going to have a fold down windshield, that's probably not going to fly unless they can find a way to incorporate it where it would disable with the front windshield down. I would imagine you SHOULDNT need those two features simultaneously.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
I'm assuming it won't be compatible with aftermarket bumpers, unless they are really innovative and put it higher in the grill.[/QUOTE]

I thought from spy photo's it was mounted by the rearview mirror? Those photo's were on this site a few weeks ago from what I recall.

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I hope bikini isn't a blue shade that replaces Ocean Blue!

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I’m happy that thI ACC is coming! We have it on my Scat Pack and our Raptor and for long trips it is awesome! Passing in the Scat is easy, just hold the + button and the speed jumps up in 5mph increments. After just a few seconds hold I have already accelerated well past any car going slower. Or I just hit the gas and over take them, no dif than I have ever had to do with standard cruise.

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Jeep should always offer up Tank Green and Desert Sand.
Agreed! I wasn’t a fan of their last “tan” color. Seemed to be a little off to me, now if it was the StarWood Motors tan I would give it a hard look. I will still most likely end up with Granite though

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Here's hoping bikini is something with appeal beyond pink. I'd take an alternate shade of blue. I'm looking at an early 19 (ordering when the banks open in September is the best bet for my purchase plan/schedule), and I'm just afraid Jeep will pull ocean blue, mojito!, hellayella, and punkin, leaving me with only red and 50 shades of gray.

I like sting-gray and granite. I do. In isolation. BUT in a sea of thousands of other gray cars, I just can't stand it. And EVERYBODY in my area has a frickin white wrangler. I just want something a little different...
Sponsored