Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Info - What's New (So Far)?

Gator Jeep 1

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
ACC is one of the worst inventions in the history of bad inventions, at least, IMPO.

When I set the cruise, I expect to stay at that speed unless I have to adjust due to conditions. If someone is going slower ahead of me, I will get closer to them and then overtake in the proper lane and then resume my original position when clear and not lose speed (again unless conditions warrant otherwise). With ACC, the car reads the next car ahead of you and slows you down so you never overtake them and just lose speed.

Here's an example scenario I found myself in...
Driving down a three lane, lightly traveled 65 MPH zone, I set my cruise to 73 and take position in the center lane so that slower traffic on the right is free to do whatever it is they do at 35 MPH. A few miles in, a car is in the same lane as me and they're doing ~65 MPH on cruise. I don't even realize that my car starts slowing me down to keep a safe braking distance from the car ahead of me. The left lane is completely clear. My expectation, using normal CC, is that I'd catch-up to the slower car, move to the left, overtake, move back to the middle when clear. Thanks to ACC, I never get any closer to the other car. When I do realize what's going on, I move to the left lane and the car senses that it is clear. The CC slams on the gas to propel me back to my original 73. That's not the experience I'm going for

ACC will never be a desired feature for me
When you live in Florida( home to every person that got kicked out of another state for not knowing how to drive or what right and left lanes are for on the interstate) you will learn to REALLY appreciate ACC. If you get on I-75, you would never be able to set your cruise for more than a mile without stepping on the brake and shutting it down. IMHO, so glad I have held out to wait for the 2019! Just my opinion with my driving conditions. Patrick, I moved down here from Indiana and am used to people driving(probably much like where your at) in a responsible manner and using the left lane for the hi speed lane and the right lane for the slower traffic. Such is not the case here!
Sponsored

BillXM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sport JL
ACC is one of the worst inventions in the history of bad inventions, at least, IMPO.

When I set the cruise, I expect to stay at that speed unless I have to adjust due to conditions. If someone is going slower ahead of me, I will get closer to them and then overtake in the proper lane and then resume my original position when clear and not lose speed (again unless conditions warrant otherwise). With ACC, the car reads the next car ahead of you and slows you down so you never overtake them and just lose speed.

Here's an example scenario I found myself in...
Driving down a three lane, lightly traveled 65 MPH zone, I set my cruise to 73 and take position in the center lane so that slower traffic on the right is free to do whatever it is they do at 35 MPH. A few miles in, a car is in the same lane as me and they're doing ~65 MPH on cruise. I don't even realize that my car starts slowing me down to keep a safe braking distance from the car ahead of me. The left lane is completely clear. My expectation, using normal CC, is that I'd catch-up to the slower car, move to the left, overtake, move back to the middle when clear. Thanks to ACC, I never get any closer to the other car. When I do realize what's going on, I move to the left lane and the car senses that it is clear. The CC slams on the gas to propel me back to my original 73. That's not the experience I'm going for

ACC will never be a desired feature for me

I have ACC on one of my cars. It’s a great feature (IMHO). You can set the distance that the system will keep between you and the car in front of you. It’s a matter of a few car lengths, close enough that you can definitely tell your speed has changed. On an open road you would close on the car in front of you and know you need to change lanes but on a heavily traveled road, where speeds slow and increase as traffic enters and leaves the road it works great.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Auto wipers and auto hi beams along with ACC and front end collision is enough to make me trade my 2018 JL in for a 2019 :)

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
ACC on my new 2019 Ram works pretty freaking good compared to my f150 ;) so if they implement the new 2019 rams ACC I’d be all over it. Did a 6.5 hour each way drive and used it 99.99999% of both in and out bound, I had zero issues (heavy rain and winds etc).

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Auto wipers and auto hi beams along with ACC and front end collision is enough to make me trade my 2018 JL in for a 2019 :)
where do ya see the auto wipers and auto hi beams for 19? I have have always wanted auto hi beams on a vehicle hopefully I can add that to my 18JLU when I get it. My guess it that I won't be able to as it will use the same (presumably newly added)sensor as the ACC and crash warning beeper. Curious how the auto wipers are going to work, hope its not some film thats on these crack prone windshields I keep hearing about...

Sponsored

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
my last few f150s had auto hi beams and auto wipers, I miss it on the heels (had four Jeeps), love my new 2018 JLUR (I’ve been lucky no issues period). New ram has it all and I love it. I didn’t say it had it, I said if they add it all I’ll nust trade in my 2018 for a 2019 if they add all that

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Told ya'll! ACC was the only feature that was holding me back on the '18 (that and waiting for BSG on the '19), so that's good news. ACC is a really handy feature on the highway!

Any word on the availability of the LED lighting pack on the Sport S?
I have had ACC before but it would be good if it would sound an alarm when you slow down. It is easy (especially talking to a passenger) to slow down from 70 to 50 with out even noticing it. Not good when you are on a long trip.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my last few f150s had auto hi beams and auto wipers, I miss it on the heels (had four Jeeps), love my new 2018 JLUR (I’ve been lucky no issues period). New ram has it all and I love it. I didn’t say it had it, I said if they add it all I’ll nust trade in my 2018 for a 2019 if they add all that
I will wait and get a 2020.

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Well if there’s a car in front of you sure but I did 6.5 hours both ways last weekend in my new 2019 Ram, she always sped back up and only slowed down for cars in front but I wasn’t concerned about speed downs.....so I’m confused by your statement. I replace and upgrade every year ;) so I’m always excited for new stuff

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have had ACC before but it would be good if it would sound an alarm when you slow down. It is easy (especially talking to a passenger) to slow down from 70 to 50 with out even noticing it. Not good when you are on a long trip.
You might need to pay a little more attention if you are not noticing a 20mph change in speed. Just sayin'.

Sponsored

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
BecUse a cars in front of me? I do notice and I’ll adjust but it’s really disliking something for a very simple reason, as I said been using it for years, it only slows down for vehicles you notice and you adjust.......switch lanes, pass CD sayibg it’s a singular reasons for avoiding a purchase, Jesus I trade In Every 8-9 months, little things don’t atop me :P traded a 2018 f150 platinum for a 2019 ram, had like 4000 miles on it, has to be bigger things to stop me from a purchase, just fucking saying

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
BecUse a cars in front of me? I do notice and I’ll adjust but it’s really disliking something for a very simple reason, as I said been using it for years, it only slows down for vehicles you notice and you adjust.......switch lanes, pass CD sayibg it’s a singular reasons for avoiding a purchase, Jesus I trade In Every 8-9 months, little things don’t atop me :P traded a 2018 f150 platinum for a 2019 ram, had like 4000 miles on it, has to be bigger things to stop me from a purchase, just fucking saying
Tech, he was replying to someone else's post, not yours.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well maybe 70 to 50 is a bit of an exaggeration, just saying there should be a beep or something you can set to alert you when you slow down X mph. I did like having it but will wait. My Rubi is only three months old and I get a new one every two to three years anyway.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You might want to pay a little closer attention to who I was responding to before going on a tirade. Just sayin'.

Last edited: