Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door JLU ORDER GUIDE and PRICING (U.S.)

5747kwk1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TBT)
Expect? No, but you shouldn't even be talking MSRP. You're looking to max out around 7% below invoice price, including Affiliate Reward, but anything around 5% is good. I know the 2 numbers are related, but the math is less fuzzy when you start from invoice. 5-7% is your goal, no matter how they get you there.
And next time, memorize the previous 295 posts before asking...
Running the numbers: Is the Delivery Charge and Doc fee excluded from the 7% below invoice?
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
It's a dual top, Leather seats, 8.4 Inch NAV, Cold weather package, adaptive control/forward collision warning, all weather floor mats, active safety group, alpine premium audio. I also choose an option where I can keep my jeep all time at 4 wheel drive. Forgot the term. I think that was around$1000 extra. Would you be able to let me know is quoted price ok?
So, given the info you have listed (transmission? I assumed manual since you didn't list the auto), the msrp, including $1495 destination charge, would be $49080, or $46375 invoice. With the auto trans, $51380 msrp and $48422 invoice. So, at $47,800, your price is about 1% below invoice if it's the auto trans, which is the maximum anyone should pay. If it's the manual transmission, you're paying $1500 or so over invoice, which would be a terrible deal.
Do some more homework on this forum, where you can find calculators and recommended dealers, most of whom go 5, 6 and even 7% below invoice (lots within easy driving distance from Jersey), which would save you thousands of dollars and a lot of time, as they'll let you order via email or phone.

As an aside, make sure you know what you're ordering/paying for: does your quote include destination?; are you ordering the Infotainment package, or did they list the Nav and the Alpine system separately (more expensive that way)?; do you know the Cold Weather package has 2 different prices, depending on transmission choice?; the Advanced Safety group (ACC/FCW) requires the Safety Group, with Blind Spot and Park Assist, at an added cost; the Selec-Trac, which is the full-time 4-wheel drive system you refer to, requires the Anti-spin rear diff, at an added $595.

Bottom line, research, educate, check all the details, reach out to several dealers and get everything in writing

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Running the numbers: Is the Delivery Charge and Doc fee excluded from the 7% below invoice?
The destination fee is often included, and many times not. It's only about a $100 difference(@7%), so not a deal breaker. The doc fees, which are capped by each state, are never included. This is added padding for the dealer, as running some paperwork/filing some docs (all done electronically now), costs far less then most dealers are allowed to charge (some middle Atlantic/southern states are rapidly approaching $1000 in doc fees, but capped at $75 in NY). Some dealers will sweeten their deals with money they "take" from their doc fees, but do your math including the entire doc fee and then calculate your actual percentage below invoice. Ex: $45,000 @ 7% below is $41,850, but if you add on a typical doc fee of, say, $600, the percentage below cost is closer to 5.7% below. States vary, so do this to keep apples-to-apples. Of course, if all the shopping you're doing is within the same state, this is no longer a variable, but in the mid-Atlantic, I am shopping dealers in NY, VA, CT and MD, which range from $75 to $799, so that must be factored into to total cost (sales tax is not a variable, as you pay the tax applicable to the state in which you live/register, not where you buy).

Munishk

First Name
Munish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, Honda
$47,800 is for the auto transmission. This price includes destination charge. Infotainment includes NAV and Alpine. I believe in my price safety group does include blind spot and park assist, but how much is extra for blind spot and park assist?

Yes I am aware selec-trac does require anti diff spin and dealer quoted $1000 for selec trac. Thanks a ton for your help. This us really helpful. I quoted my price as $45000. He didn't budge. I got off and came back. I m trying to find dealers within NJ and outside. You think in case dealer gives me between the $44000 and $45000, I should go for it?

So, given the info you have listed (transmission? I assumed manual since you didn't list the auto), the msrp, including $1495 destination charge, would be $49080, or $46375 invoice. With the auto trans, $51380 msrp and $48422 invoice. So, at $47,800, your price is about 1% below invoice if it's the auto trans, which is the maximum anyone should pay. If it's the manual transmission, you're paying $1500 or so over invoice, which would be a terrible deal.
Do some more homework on this forum, where you can find calculators and recommended dealers, most of whom go 5, 6 and even 7% below invoice (lots within easy driving distance from Jersey), which would save you thousands of dollars and a lot of time, as they'll let you order via email or phone.

As an aside, make sure you know what you're ordering/paying for: does your quote include destination?; are you ordering the Infotainment package, or did they list the Nav and the Alpine system separately (more expensive that way)?; do you know the Cold Weather package has 2 different prices, depending on transmission choice?; the Advanced Safety group (ACC/FCW) requires the Safety Group, with Blind Spot and Park Assist, at an added cost; the Selec-Trac, which is the full-time 4-wheel drive system you refer to, requires the Anti-spin rear diff, at an added $595.

Bottom line, research, educate, check all the details, reach out to several dealers and get everything in writing

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
It's a dual top, Leather seats, 8.4 Inch NAV, Cold weather package, adaptive control/forward collision warning, all weather floor mats, active safety group, alpine premium audio. I also choose an option where I can keep my jeep all time at 4 wheel drive. Forgot the term. I think that was around$1000 extra. Would you be able to let me know is quoted price ok?
If you don’t want to take the time to look for the invoice price and its all over his forum, you can take 14-15% off MSRP, not a dealer add on tag.
I would never pay MSRP or anywhere close.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
$47,800 is for the auto transmission. This price includes destination charge. Infotainment includes NAV and Alpine. I believe in my price safety group does include blind spot and park assist, but how much is extra for blind spot and park assist?

Yes I am aware selec-trac does require anti diff spin and dealer quoted $1000 for selec trac. Thanks a ton for your help. This us really helpful. I quoted my price as $45000. He didn't budge. I got off and came back. I m trying to find dealers within NJ and outside. You think in case dealer gives me between the $44000 and $45000, I should go for it?
Selec-Trac is only a $595 option, but if you add the $595 for the anti-spin diff, it's about $1200 total. Safety Group is $995, and the Advanced Safety group can't be ordered without it, so I'm sure it's in your build. A build sheet, or a POC (purchase/price order confirmation) with all of the details and pricing would help, and any reputable dealer would be happy to give you one which lists msrp and invoice for all selected options. On that build, including destination, $44k would be 9% below invoice, which is literally unheard of. $45k is 7% below invoice, which is the going max discount in the mid-Atlantic, and may require an Affiliate Reward code like Tread Lightly, but also will be found in states like MD and VA that have high doc fees. I don't know what NJ doc fees are like, but they can be as much as $800 in other states (only $75 in NY). I would say, with the info given, anything between $44-45k on a $51+k rig would be miraculous in my opinion for the build you've detailed. Good luck, and let us know.
P.S.-most of the best deals are on factory ordered vehicles, and most are negotiated online with little time spent at the actual dealership.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If you don’t want to take the time to look for the invoice price and its all over his forum, you can take 14-15% off MSRP, not a dealer add on tag.
I would never pay MSRP or anywhere close.
A bit high: 15% off of MSRP on his build would equal about 10% below invoice, which is impossible. At the current best deal on the East Coast, 7% below invoice plus a doc fee of $399 (at Criswell in MD, using Tread Lightly), he would be looking at 11.4% below MSRP including the doc fee and Tread Lightly cost. Still not paying MSRP (and you're right, no one should), but no quite 14-15%. If you got that (maybe on the Recon JK end-of-model deal) congrats, but no one is getting that on a JL, certainly not on the East Coast.

Munishk

First Name
Munish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, Honda
Doc fee dealer quoted me around $800-1000. So you are saying with my specs, $44-45 K is very aggressive?

The destination fee is often included, and many times not. It's only about a $100 difference(@7%), so not a deal breaker. The doc fees, which are capped by each state, are never included. This is added padding for the dealer, as running some paperwork/filing some docs (all done electronically now), costs far less then most dealers are allowed to charge (some middle Atlantic/southern states are rapidly approaching $1000 in doc fees, but capped at $75 in NY). Some dealers will sweeten their deals with money they "take" from their doc fees, but do your math including the entire doc fee and then calculate your actual percentage below invoice. Ex: $45,000 @ 7% below is $41,850, but if you add on a typical doc fee of, say, $600, the percentage below cost is closer to 5.7% below. States vary, so do this to keep apples-to-apples. Of course, if all the shopping you're doing is within the same state, this is no longer a variable, but in the mid-Atlantic, I am shopping dealers in NY, VA, CT and MD, which range from $75 to $799, so that must be factored into to total cost (sales tax is not a variable, as you pay the tax applicable to the state in which you live/register, not where you buy).

JLforlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi
If you are in the Boise area and haven’t talked to Kent at Peterson’s, you are walking away from money and the best buying experience you could dream of. Just stop by to shoot the breeze, you’ll see what I mean.
Absolutely agree with this. Kent knows and lives Jeep culture. He’s as straight and easy going as they come. He puts every dime on the line. You will what you’re spending in the first 10 minutes of talking to him. He is the best Jeep deal not just in Idaho but in the country.

Kent - 208-741-1289

shatty

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus NX 250, 2016 Corvette ZO6/ZO7
A bit high: 15% off of MSRP on his build would equal about 10% below invoice, which is impossible. At the current best deal on the East Coast, 7% below invoice plus a doc fee of $399 (at Criswell in MD, using Tread Lightly), he would be looking at 11.4% below MSRP including the doc fee and Tread Lightly cost. Still not paying MSRP (and you're right, no one should), but no quite 14-15%. If you got that (maybe on the Recon JK end-of-model deal) congrats, but no one is getting that on a JL, certainly not on the East Coast.
From looking at Criswells site, they are doing between 11% and 12% off MSRP

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's better to use invoice. % off of MSRP varies based on how many options you add on.

It is easy to calculate invoice by using the Order Guide - which is what this thread is all about!

Did you get an actual quote from your dealer? If so post it.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Yup. That's what I said. Factor in the $399 doc fee and possibly Tread Lightly, and you're at 11-12% below MSRP.
But, like Thirty pointed out, invoice is a more accurate number, as invoice on the vehicle is about 4% below msrp, but on the options it's closer to 11%. So, the more options, the greater the $ value below msrp.

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler High Altitude Edition
If anyone has any insight into the issue, I'd appreciate it. I ordered by JLU Sahara with All - Season tires, but it was built with All - Terrain tires. I noticed the tire description falls under Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $595 - 255/70R18 All–Terrain Tires. Is there any requirement that Anti-Spin be built with All - Terrain? Is there any reason the dealer can't switch the tires out to All Season to correct my order? I didn't want the A/T's because of the road noise on the highway and I'm not planning on going off-road with it. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone has any insight into the issue, I'd appreciate it. I ordered by JLU Sahara with All - Season tires, but it was built with All - Terrain tires. I noticed the tire description falls under Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $595 - 255/70R18 All–Terrain Tires. Is there any requirement that Anti-Spin be built with All - Terrain? Is there any reason the dealer can't switch the tires out to All Season to correct my order? I didn't want the A/T's because of the road noise on the highway and I'm not planning on going off-road with it. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Correct about the tires, and doubtful. Maybe find a non-anti spin owner who would like to trade? Personally, I don't find the A/Ts loud, but its subjective.

As for pricing: I agree completely with @misanthrope and @ThirtyOne Perhaps read some first hand experiences. If you're already in NJ, contacting Criswell might save you a few grand, worth a message.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
According to the order guide AT tires are included with DSL. So it was built correctly. Do you have a POC with All-Season tires? I would talk to your dealer about it. I also agree that you should try out the all-terrains. They look a little more aggressive but ride pretty well. I didn't find them loud out all but I only ran them for 100 miles.
Sponsored