Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door JLU ORDER GUIDE and PRICING (U.S.)

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
I just spoke with my salesman and he said “They list them as LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires.” Not a whole lot of info, unfortunately.
If you google that, the All Terrains pop up. This is great news.

A complete aside, do we know whether there is an after market vendor that is working on a replacement dash for the Red Dash Rubicon that looks the same as the leather sahara but instead of the white stitching on the leather, its red? That would be sharp.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Someone has to pay for the tariffs someone decided to implement....
Shouldn't be too bad for the Wrangler, as most foreign content for the JL comes from Mexico and Canada, and Fearless Leader hasn't crushed them yet with tariffs. And, when the overseas market decides to fight back, export Jeeps will be reduced and domestic production should increase, maybe not to the point of reducing prices, but certainly keeping them steady. Plus, with all of those American auto workers out of jobs not making Jeeps et al for the foreign markets, there will be fewer buyers in the market here, increasing the chances of getting a good deal...:facepalm:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

A complete aside, do we know whether there is an after market vendor that is working on a replacement dash for the Red Dash Rubicon that looks the same as the leather sahara but instead of the white stitching on the leather, its red? That would be sharp.
Has to be in the pipeline somewhere. Seems like too good of an idea for even Mopar to miss. I think their fear is airbag deployment/poor reinstallation.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Has to be in the pipeline somewhere. Seems like too good of an idea for even Mopar to miss. I think their fear is airbag deployment/poor reinstallation.
Exactly this. I doubt anyone wants any part of an aftermarket item that goes over the airbag.

Sponsored

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly this. I doubt anyone wants any part of an aftermarket item that goes over the airbag.
Even Mopar wouldn't want to give this a try?

CWWatkins

First Name
CAREY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 SILVERADO, 2017 TAHOE
I was told the majority of options are set as restricted.

Does anyone have any paperwork they feel comfortable sharing showing a '19 was ordered?
I just order a 2019 JLUR with almost every option and no restrictions on the order.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Even Mopar wouldn't want to give this a try?
I think the problem there is that it would be fairly easy to make aftermarket parts in many colors/fabrics, but that would mean aftermarket installs, either by you and me or by a shop, leading to potential malfunction. On the other hand, they could give them as a factory installed option, but with too many choices it wouldn't be cost effective (and probably just a pain in the arse). Middle ground would seem to be to allow a choice or three of the dash options they already have manufactured, but there must be an obstacle to that that we're overlooking.

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the problem there is that it would be fairly easy to make aftermarket parts in many colors/fabrics, but that would mean aftermarket installs, either by you and me or by a shop, leading to potential malfunction. On the other hand, they could give them as a factory installed option, but with too many choices it wouldn't be cost effective (and probably just a pain in the arse). Middle ground would seem to be to allow a choice or three of the dash options they already have manufactured, but there must be an obstacle to that that we're overlooking.
I guess that makes sense. I know if I purchased one an aftermarket dash (or even switched out the red for the grey from someone...I really dislike that red), Id march it right back down to the dealer to have it installed.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
No tan leather seat option

I know. Same boat here. I had my dealer replace factory cloth on my current 2015 JKUR with Katzkin leather. I am currently looking into what those costs are currently. Might just go that route. Plus, you get even more options for colors and styles. Agree though, getting from factory would be my first choice.
I contacted the local Katzkin dealer. You can get a lot more choices directly from them. A two tone option I picked out online would be $1495 plus tax installed. Just need to get the dealer to include it in the price of the Jeep and I am all set.

If you go this route, have them return the cloth seat covers (cloth or leather, they are just covers) to you. In a couple/few years, people will buy them from you to replace their stained, torn, etc factory cloth seats.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR

I've heard of people using red sharpies on white stitching to get that effect ;)

Well, I priced out my JLUR build, up $1650 MSRP since last time I did it, which was May 21 - I think before the destination upcharge. However, what I find interesting, is that invoice is $1597 of that. So while we love to hate dealers for not giving us vehicles at half price, its the manufacturer that is really getting all the benefits of any increase.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I've heard of people using red sharpies on white stitching to get that effect ;)

Well, I priced out my JLUR build, up $1650 MSRP since last time I did it, which was May 21 - I think before the destination upcharge. However, what I find interesting, is that invoice is $1597 of that. So while we love to hate dealers for not giving us vehicles at half price, its the manufacturer that is really getting all the benefits of any increase.
You don't really believe that dealers pay the invoice price, do you?;)

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
No tan leather seat option

I contacted the local Katzkin dealer. You can get a lot more choices directly from them. A two tone option I picked out online would be $1495 plus tax installed. Just need to get the dealer to include it in the price of the Jeep and I am all set.

If you go this route, have them return the cloth seat covers (cloth or leather, they are just covers) to you. In a couple/few years, people will buy them from you to replace their stained, torn, etc factory cloth seats.
Will you be able to get your center console covered to match? I've seen at least one install posted on here with a perfect match while others have said they were told that there was no template or whatever to do that - so they had real nice dark tan seats and a black console. Just curious - I love the Katzkin look but would want it to be uniform.
Sponsored