2019 Jeep over heating, gauges shutting down

MaddddMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep 2.0 turbo
Traded in my 2014 sport with 103,000. Got 20k and picked up a 2019 Sahara.
Took it out for a long test drive it was perfect. As soon as I got home after singing the papers fan raced, coolant all over my driveway overheating gauges all screwed up. Called used car lot and brought it in. They said I needed a water pump. It was still under bumper to bumper so I took it to a Jeep dealership

After waiting two weeks I called I was told it was still over heating fan racing gauges all lit up so know I am getting a new engine

there has to be something wrong with these 2.0 turbo jeeps that Jeep knows about. I read theses same issues all the time and most people just need to keep taking it back

So now I have to wait three weeks more made Payment and only drove it 6 miles.

i have had jeeps all my life but I have never has issues like this
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Traded in my 2014 sport with 103,000. Got 20k and picked up a 2019 Sahara.
Took it out for a long test drive it was perfect. As soon as I got home after singing the papers fan raced, coolant all over my driveway overheating gauges all screwed up. Called used car lot and brought it in. They said I needed a water pump. It was still under bumper to bumper so I took it to a Jeep dealership

After waiting two weeks I called I was told it was still over heating fan racing gauges all lit up so know I am getting a new engine

there has to be something wrong with these 2.0 turbo jeeps that Jeep knows about. I read theses same issues all the time and most people just need to keep taking it back

So now I have to wait three weeks more made Payment and only drove it 6 miles.

i have had jeeps all my life but I have never has issues like this
There has been a few of the 2.0s that did this. Doa search on Google for "coolant leak JLWranglerforum". IIRC. There is a TSB for it.

At least you're getting a brand new engine in a used vehicle. I'd say that's a win.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
the issue is the 2 screws that hold the water pump inlet loosen and the you lose all the coolant. Simple 15 minute fix with some blue loktite on the two screws. The alternative is what happened to you. Unfortunately the dealers won’t do the simple fix until it’s a disaster like you experienced.

@JeepCares if you can do anything here maybe have the fix done on any 2.0L Jeeps that come in for oil changes or service, rather than wait til the leak happens and the engine needs to be replaced?
Sponsored

Last edited: